• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Unlocking a Rooted Phone

IanW1977

Prominent Member
So my HTC Sensation is rooted. I am on Orange and have moved to talk mobile.
I got a code to unlock the phone to any network but the only one that doesn't come up when I search for networks is Talk mobile !!

Anyone any ideas ?

The phone was rooted when I bought it and I assumed it would be unlocked to all networks

an3r0id

Established Member
does it come up with vodafone by any chance?
any if you leave the network selection to automatic what happens? do you get signal...

talk mobile runs on the vodafone network i believe so you may have to select that, although leaving it as automatic should pick it up anyway

IanW1977

Prominent Member
Well I paid £12 for the unlock code and after 2 days Talkmobile did something to the sim card to unlock it - It now works in all my phones.
Whether I needed to pay to unlock my phone or not or whether it was Talk Mobile blocking My Sim I dunno.

On both phones it showed the main networks available apart from Talkmobile.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom