• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Unknown (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 11/08/2014

Limited to 2,000 copies

unknown-jpg.487456

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 421
  • Unknown(inside).jpg
    Unknown(inside).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Unknown(backandfront).jpg
    Unknown(backandfront).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
You'd think The Grey will be next, been wanting that one to get a steelbook for ages.

Quite enjoyed Unknown, enough to pay the inevitable limited to 2k £17.99?.... not so sure. I haven't got the excuse of buying to mantain a Liam Neeson collection as i refuse to buy Taken 2 and am against the Non-Stop steelbook because of the stupid removal of the inside background of the plane.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
It's still a "trial" apparently so hopefully with all the hell they're getting it'll be back to boxes asap.

Decided not to bother with this, i'll be keeping my amaray, it's not worth the price difference of flogging it to get this.

John W Creasy

Distinguished Member
Live

Oh and if you order there is an offering of a whopping 50p off on selected overpriced steels so don't get too excited.

Last edited:

replicant81

Prominent Member
Bugger me they actually sent me an email about this one, first time in months!

Won't be bothering as Red says the amount id get for the amaray will be a couple of quid and this steelbook doesnt have 16 quid upgrade value.

HughFran

Established Member
The Grey has got to be in with a shout, never mind this mediocre movie. I absolutely loved The Grey and it's one of Neeson's best movies (forgiving the odd slip into his Ballymena accent lol). Make it so!!

Maccadinho25

Established Member
When catalogue titles sell out so quickly are Zavvi really going to give a sh*t about their packaging being poor? Ive seen lots of people stating theyre cancelling all orders with them etc yet everything still sells out! Why would they want to improve packaging that costs more for them to do when they wont gain anything from it? :(

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
I think with the pre-orders there's obviously quite some time before they get released so the hope is this "trial packaging" will be over and a return to the boxes, plenty of time to cancel if it isn't so people prefer to order now, make decision later.

John W Creasy

Distinguished Member
The Grey has got to be in with a shout, never mind this mediocre movie. I absolutely loved The Grey and it's one of Neeson's best movies (forgiving the odd slip into his Ballymena accent lol). Make it so!!

If it don't you can get the Dutch metalpak for a cheap enough price. I got myself one a while back.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Cancelled my order, along with a few others, looking at it i think i'll sick with the slipcover amaray

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Bit of both, i dont fancy the new cardboard sleeves and if you get a damaged steel trying to deal with zavvi is a nightmare, plus the art on this one, after thinking studio canal will be matte and powder streaky, so bought the slip amaray for £3

The Ringmaster

Prominent Member
Ah i see, makes sense I guess. I might start moving into the amaray territory but I have no idea what is best and where from. When I first purchased amarays I just picked the cheapest, from whatever retailer, but now there seems to be more in way of design, slips, 2d/3d, imports and then boxsets etc. I just wouldn't know where to begin with the amarays now, since I've been focused on steelbooks.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
With the steels being released a lot of people seem to offload their amarays, sometimes at cheap prices, picked up a lot of bargains on the bay recently..Just seem to be way too many steel book releases, for me anyway

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom