'Unknown Profile' Anyone else got one?

Eso

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just got my 360 and have a couple of questions (see another thread of mine for game related probs :( )

I got a Premium pack and everything seems fine, except that when I first tested it I never created my profile, just quickly tested my games using the pre set one. I got around to sorting my Gamer Card and getting it on my machine alongside the default one and thought everything was ok.

I played PGR 3 for about an hour, saved it and turned the machine off, when I came back an hour later the data had gone! I tried again but no luck.

I did remember reading about profiles can be corrupted so decided to delete all the profiles on the machine and retrieve my one again.

I did this, though stupidly when deleting the default one I was signed into it - It came up with an error message but deleted it anyway so no worries I thought. My games saved ok now so no real issue.

However when I go into Memory/HDD and then Games I see my profile listed and another called 'Unknown Profile' I cannot delete this as it does not appear in the Game Profiles menu.

I called MS about this and they said that its normal and that even there machine in the office has one on too so great I thought.

This morning though I noticed another has appeared so now I have 2 of these strange unknown profiles?!

The only thing I have done is download a couple of demos and some arcade games?! I did notice the Condemned demo seems to sign you out when you load it but that shouldn't be a problem?

Anyone else have these strange 'Unknow Profiles'?

Cheers! :smashin:

Nope. No unknown profiles on my 360. That does seem very strange. Even stranger you can't delete them.

Hmm I was sure I never had one to start with so I guess this is an issue of sorts!

I wonder if it's a fault with my HDD. MS were going to go down that route but once I said things started working again they said perhaps it was a lose connection or something.

I tried making more profiles and one time the profile never even saved, and it failed to save another time on PGR 3....

Not sure what to o there, as your post clearly tells me they shouldn't be there, but what's to say if I get the HDD changed they won't come back.....

Hi,
have you fin a way to fix it?
because I have the same problem:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom