Unknown Device under Windows ME

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by sraper, Sep 7, 2001.

1. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +251
    Hi,

After installing my firewire card I pligged in my Panasonic DV camera. Windows came back with 2 errors. One "Unknown AV/C Camera" or similar and one "Unknown device". Now evertyhing appeared to work okay. A new entry in My Computer apperead for the camera and I managed to capture stuff through the video editing software!

Any thoughts about what is going on. My camera has one the SD Memory cards and I am wondering if that is causing the problems! However I can find no drivers on any of my disks or on the internet????

Stuart

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,521
    What camera? What card? What DV editing software? What cables connected? Do you get the errors every time you plug the camera in?<br />If you managed to capture ok, then what's the problem? Sounds like everything is fine to me.<br />I have a Sony TRV30 and you can only access the memory stick if you connect the USB cable and put the camera in 'memory' mode.

3. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +251
    Sorry the info is in the other post!

Adaptec card, MGI VideoWave 4SE, Windows ME, Panasonic NV-DS38. Everything appears to ok. I havent tried writting back to the camera yet. Guess you could say I am being picky! Just don't like the idea of seeing "unknown devices" in "System".