Unknown Album in My Music

martyn_wheeler

Novice Member
I have 1 album out of 810 showing up as unknown album in my music. I made a note of its position and deduced which album it was. It is fine in wmp10, all mp3 tags are ok, but will not show up in MCE. Has anyone else seen this?

I tried deleting it as per another thread and then readding it. but still showing up as unkown album

Any ideas welcome

MArtyn

johndj1

Standard Member
try checking the album artist tag in WMP.

I had the same problem and spent a fun weekend going through my Unknown Artists updating them all.

martyn_wheeler

Novice Member
The Album Artist Tag is there with no problems. Very Strange... I cannot think of anything else it could be... MAybe the database is corrupt?

johndj1

Standard Member
Yeah, that maybe the case.

I have 500-odd albums in my database and have had to rebuild it once already in the six months I've been running my mce:suicide: . But then I was going through the fun process of adding album covers which I think it took exception to.

Also, if you are using the Monitor Folders option, it seems to get a bit upset every now and then.

D

martyn_wheeler

Novice Member
I used album art fixer to put covers into my collection, WMP10 didn't seem to mind.

I'm thinking of upgrading to wmp11 on my media center. Are there any potential problems?

Martyn

johndj1

Standard Member
That's cool. Have installed Album Art Fixer but haven't actually tried it yet. Was it straightforward?

Haven't tried WMP11, so couldn't say - but I can't see why it would cause an issue.

Cheers

Dan

martyn_wheeler

Novice Member
Album Art Fixer is very easy to use and very quick to deal with problems. I might give wmp11 a go..

Cheers, Martyn