Universe and Laser enterprise Region 3 releases

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by FoxyMulder, Dec 11, 2003.

1. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen a few of these and it seems to me that Universal Laser releases from region 3 tend to have a Laserdisc quality about them and not a crystal clear dvd quality, soundwise theyre usually very good but the picture on their releases tends to lack the qaulity associated with dvd, anyone else notice this or have comments ?

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    I have noticed that recently that the R3 HK releases have been very poor and causes my arcam to freeze and dropout on the disc to the point where I no longer buy them. The original earlier releases were much better in that department. Mayeb demand has caused the quality in the disc manufacture to go out the window.. I stick now to Korean R3/Jpn R2 and R1 of course..

Matt

3. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I reviewed Insomnia and found similar.

Steven

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Black Hawk Down and Tomb Raider 2 as well as Terminator 3 are all region 3 korean editions which i own and great pic and sound quality but i think the Universal and Laser Enterprise ones which i assume are Hong Kong tend to have great sound but much poorer picture than their region 1 or 2 counterparts, couple of examples being Wrong Turn ((also censored )) and Insomnia reviewed elsewhere on this forum.