1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Universal's Army of Darkness Official bootleg version?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by wicky1, Oct 23, 2001.

1. wicky1

wicky1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me any details about Universal's Army of Darkness Official bootleg version dvd.
    Is it the same as Anchor Bay's Director's Cut? Or better picture quality than Anchor Bay's Dir's Cut?
    Any details would be appreciated.

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +845
    Universal are calling it the "official bootleg" because there's nothing that can be done to improve the picture quality any more than it already was by Anchor Bay

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I got it in the post yesterday but havn't watched it yet. According to the cover its got an extra 15 minutes of footage and the original ending has been restored.

Jeff

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +845
    The film itself is the same as the 2nd disc from the Anchor Bay Limited Edition Boxed set except I think it's got the "making of" featurette that appeared on the first (THX remastered) disc in the set aswell as the same deleted scenes (about 20 mins) and commentary as the 2nd disc had before.
    It's the best version of the film, but the picture quality is pretty bad in some places. You'll know where.
    I hear it's had a 5.1 remix and is now 16x9 enhanced too, but I'm not sure about that.

[ 23-10-2001: Message edited by: Rambo John J ]