Universal Soldier 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Oh what a film. Not a good film but a film I love. There's some odd choices being made into UHD recently but I have to be honest, I'm well happy this has made it. Can't imagine it looked great on Blu Ray so to get some good treatment here means this is already on its way to me.

Just need Commando now!!

Loved this film as a 14 year old!! Definitely adding this one to my collection!! :D
Thanks again Cas, another £25 less in my pension pot.....I’ll hate you in 23 years time!! :rotfl:

Loved this film as a 14 year old!! Definitely adding this one to my collection!! :D
Thanks again Cas, another £25 less in my pension pot.....I’ll hate you in 23 years time!! :rotfl:

Ah, who needs a pension when you've got VAN DAMME vs. LUNDGREN.

Who's paying £25 for it? LOL!

I paid £24.99 from Zavvi and forgot I ordered it.

Van Damme turned down the role of Demolition Man when it was actually presented to him and Seagal. But neither wanted to lose to the other.

Not seen this for quite a long time but remember it being one of Van Damne's better films. Probably will end up getting it once it's down to 2 for £30 or so but I'll add it to my wishlist. I'm sure I'll have a fun Saturday afternoon with this at some point.

Thx for the review cas. :smashin:

Thank you for the review of this Cas :)

One of my faves from the 90's :clap:

If the Zoom code still worked I would buy it now but will wait till included in 2 for £30 with Gremlins.

No upscaled sound. Easy pass for me.

I paid £24.99 from Zavvi and forgot I ordered it.

Van Damme turned down the role of Demolition Man when it was actually presented to him and Seagal. But neither wanted to lose to the other.
Demolition Man...we need this in 4K!

Be Well!

And don't get fined for swearing!

One of my favourite actioners and probably VD and DL's best film. The opener in 'Nam and the Dam assault are great and it has some cracking one liners.

"You're discharged, Sarge!"

Got this ordered but from Amazon so won't receive until next week.

Not a masterpiece, but holds well even after all these years. And I am sure that in another 25+ years it will still hold much better than the bulk current of Marvel drivel getting 8s and 9s here.

Anyone else notice that this is a quiet mix, got to bump the volume to almost Disney levels :D

Not a masterpiece, but holds well even after all these years. And I am sure that in another 25+ years it will still hold much better than the bulk current of Marvel drivel getting 8s and 9s here.
Already does for me! :D

Got this on my Christmas list. Good action movie.
people saying about lions gate bringing out weird releases but I think it’s great. I bet more movie fans that have atmos /4K setups will be buying this because they’re at the age where they remember it.
Here to hoping the rocky movies and Indiana Jones come up soon too

I have been a JCVD fan since 1988 when I first watched Bloodsport as a 4yr old 😁. The 4k upgrade for UniSol is definitely appreciated, however as someone above previously stated the audio mix is very quiet.
Great review!

Relatively new to this site and look forward to reading more news, reviews and product updates 👍🎥

Have you checked out his films like Lukas, JCVD, Until Death and Wake of Death?

Have you checked out his films like Lukas, JCVD, Until Death and Wake of Death?

I have indeed. I own almost all his films on Blu-Ray (imports mainly due to UK releases being limited) now including his 2011 Documentary 'Behind Closed Doors'. I don't think a week goes by where I don't watch one of his films 💪.

I have indeed. I own almost all his films on Blu-Ray (imports mainly due to UK releases being limited) now including his 2011 Documentary 'Behind Closed Doors'. I don't think a week goes by where I don't watch one of his films 💪.

Same, I am just waiting for The Hard Corps now on Blu Ray.

I interviewed Van Damme and Sheldon Lettich for a forum a few years back.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom