Universal remote to control Dynaudio Xeo speakers?

m1964

Hi all,
I just acquired Dynaudio Xeo10 active speakers- they sound very nice, but I got a little problem:
I have a cheap universal remote that controls my Roku and TV, but it has no codes for Dynaudio.
Does anyone know if there is a universal remote that has Dynaudio codes built-in?

I do have a URC programmable remote, but I have not programmed anything new into it last few years, so it took me half of the last night just to recall basic programming process. URC remotes are designed to be programmed by AV installers, which I am not...
I would rather use a simple universal remote capable of controlling TV, Roku and Xeos.
Thanks

keithwiggins

Dynaudio make great speakers so congrats on your purchase. They are however not exactly a mainstream product, i would suggest therefore you contact them directly to see if they can recommend a solution for you.

m1964

Dynaudio make great speakers so congrats on your purchase. They are however not exactly a mainstream product, i would suggest therefore you contact them directly to see if they can recommend a solution for you.

I re-programmed URC MX780 remote to operate the system- took two nights to figure out/recall how to program it.
I did contact Dynaudio, but haven not received a reply from their CS.

metcam2

Standard Member
I re-programmed URC MX780 remote to operate the system- took two nights to figure out/recall how to program it.
I did contact Dynaudio, but haven not received a reply from their CS.
Please could you share how you did this? Also, is there a matching brand that at least partly works (for volume control).

I just splashed out 2k for a new Samsung TV and some of the last Xeo 10's on sale... Gutted to find I have to use an extra remote just to change the volume on the TV.

Am hoping to use the Samsung One universal remote control however the Dynaudio brand is not on TV/remote list.

If you could help it'd be hugely appreciated!

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
I'm experiencedwwith urc softeare so able to configure it.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
There's no Dynaudio devices in my MX Editor (v15) in audio, none under pronto CCF under remote central (you can import CCF files into the MX editor)

Do you have hexidecimal values? Email dynaudio

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Do you have the software for your MX remote?

metcam2

Standard Member
Hi @rccarguy2 👋
I have the hex codes for the Dynaudio remote, yes:

Vol up, vol down are 06, 04 respectively.

Ah! I didn't know the reference to MX780 was for a specific remote control... good to know that's an option - For my Plan A, I was hoping to program my Samsung One remote to a speaker brand that triggered the vol hex values for up, down on Dynaudio... Is this feasible do you think?

Have emailed Dynaudio with the same query :thumbsup:

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Hex should be long list of numbers,.so you can import that into the URC software

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220418-160342.png
    Screenshot_20220418-160342.png
    716.3 KB · Views: 9

metcam2

Standard Member
Yeah 06 is the hex code according to the manufacturer link I shared - guess it'd be 0006 if required to be 64 bit or however.

Note I don't think have a URC that can be programmed by uploading hex tables or via software - I have a Samsung One Universal Remote.

I just noticed the IR protocol for Dynaudio is NEC however tried that brand on the remote and no dice...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom