Question Universal Remote Control

Keshav

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I am planning to put all my electronic devices (Apple TV, amplifier, Sky Box, etc.) under the stairs and therefore not in sight with the TV.

I would like to have one universal remote control to control everything - ideally this should not be dependent on IR because I won't have direct line to any of the equipment.

Are there any reasonably priced remotes that you would recommend?

I would be grateful for any guidance you can provide!

Thanks,
Keshav

Check out the Logitech harmony range and also the remote control subforum.

Hi there,

Another recommendation for the Harmony remote control. I have a system hidden inside a cabinet and I use Harmony to switch everything on using RF. Harmony uses a hub which is picked up on the WIFI network and then IR is sent via small IR senders known as blasters.

You have the possibility to use a Harmony remote or I use my Iphone to control my system (I assume the app is also available on Android).

+1 for Harmony. I have the Ultimate with Hub and it's fantastic.

As a bonus it also plays (relatively) nicely with SmartThings and Nest.

FrankTate

And another one for harmony ultimate hub.

I've hidden all my gear aswell, the harmony works flawlessly even with the ps3 and wii.

It also plays well with my Vera home controller so I can turn the tv off when I leave the house, or when selecting a scene on harmony (watch movie etc) I can have lights come on or off etc

+1 For Harmony Ultimate it can take a bit of configuration to get working but once you’ve identified your devices it’s pretty straightforward.

I recently added a Nintendo Switch & i was able to configure from the Harmony app without leaving the sofa.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom