1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Universal Mount?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by dinoprada2003, Mar 24, 2005.

1. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    Can anyone help?

1.)Got a Hitachi PJTX-100 and I want to know if this universal mount will attach to it? :)

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=6265127997&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=79195

2.)Also is says the mount pole length is 30cm.Now from my ceiling to around the top of the projector screen, if the PJ was flat it would be pointing directly at the top of the screen.Is this correct? I.E how far down does a PJ have to be from the ceiling to the screen?

3.)Does anyone know if this mount has swivel up down etc??

Many Thank's

D.

2. Gee

Gee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

1. I recently got a projector mount from CPC for my Sanyo Z1. Have a look here and here . You will need to order both the mount and carousel.

2. The mount from CPC will put your projector about 15-20cm from the ceiling and providing your PJ has vertical lense shift on it it won't be a problem.

3. The universal mount can be articulated in any direction and the carousel comes with spacers so you can adjust the height if you need to.

I installed mine over the weekend and I am more than happy with it and for £45 inc vat it ain't bad at all! :clap:

Hope this helps.

3. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    Thank's just ordered.Hope it works ok with my PJ and ceiling :smashin:

4. Gee

Gee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Good stuff. Let me know how you get on.

Matt

5. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241

Thank you Gee and will do.It's my first install so im sure im going to have loads of fun :rolleyes: Iv'e already ordered but didnt check it would be a 100% compatibile with my Hitachi, I dont suppose you know if it is? Though im sure it wouldent be a problem to send it back and or sell it if it isint.

Cheers Mate.

6. Gee

Gee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

I'm not sure if it will fit your projector but the kit does come with two sizes of mounting screws and two different lengths of mounting arms so you shouldn't have any problems.

7. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    Ok I put the mount up but my PJ seems to hang to one side I cant seem to get it to hang level so I can get a straight on picture! On top of that even with vertical shift the display is too high.I cant understand what "im doing" wrong? My PJ has only 3
    mounting holes so I can only use three of the legs,maybe thats the problem? you need to use four for balance? or something.....Also how do you get the mount to point down at the screen? :( the "instructions are awful" so any help much appreciated.

8. Gee

Gee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

My Sanyo Z1 has only got 3 mounting holes and mine hangs straight. I had to us a mixture of the long and short arms to get the carousel in roughly the right position and then I lifted the PJ by the centre bolt (over a pillow just in case I dropped it) and moved the legs/carousel until it was balanced and level. Then I attached it to the mount and locked it in to place with the allen key bolt.

As far as getting picture being too high you need to make sure the top of the screen is the same height as the lense of your PJ like this:

---------------------------------------------------
    \ /
    [___]o - - - - - - - -> l screen

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

9. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    Cheers Gee, I'll give it a shot tonight :)