Uninstalling Office 2004 Trial?

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by Empgamer, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Empgamer

Empgamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Like a pillock I installed the 2004 trial when someone sent me a mail with a Word attachment. I suspect I'd probably be better going for Neo for what I want to do. I do have a full Office 2003 for Windows here but I'm reluctant to strat cluttering the Mac with Windows gear (and I suspect I'd need Windows too?). I'd be happy to put it in if it was GUARNTEED to cause no problems though.

If I go the 'bin Office' route, after I've used it's uninstall routine are there places I should look to delete the rubbish Office often leaves behind? I considered using AppZapper but I'm not sure whether it would be better to use Office's own uninstall?

2. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +577
    I would suspect that the MS un-installer does a fairly good job of pulling stuff out ... you might want to look at iWork 08 and Pages which is a nice word processing/page makeup app that will import/export word files, similarly the keynote and numbers apps will do the same for powerpoint and excel ...

3. Empgamer

Empgamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'll have a look at that. Thing is I only really want to be able to create and read the odd Word document on the MacBook as it is for personal, not work, use. Same thing with spreadsheets really. As such I'm a little reluctant (tight) to spend money ona a set of apps that I'll likely use only one or two of and even then very little, PROVIDED Neo Office will do the trick (and I suspect it might).

4. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +577
    There should be a 30-day trial on your drive - if not you can download from apple ... you can usually get a cheap code purchase from ebay ...

Jon

5. Empgamer

Empgamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'll check it out. Will Work read MS Word docs though? I'd like to be just able to click on a Word atachment in an e-mail and have it open wiithout having to go through a convolouted import routine (if indeed that's how pages works). Are there problems with Neo?