Unifi Networking issue

Jon1985

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for some help, I have a large Ubiquiti network, with various switches and 250 AP lites. It is a complex set up. Where we have 200 owners, and 50 guests. Using Unifi cloudkey Gen 2. Some of the devices were set up using a laptop some using a mobile phone on the app and some going through portal. I can see the devices going through the portal and can trace/monitor them using the Mac address, I have some labelled as managed by other (which were set up using a laptop) which are fine as I can view there MAC address but I have a label come up on screen showing 120+ devices ready to adopt which are already configured and working on the network and I don't want to adopt them onto the controller but I have no way of tracking these devices or there MAC addresses. Is there any way of monitoring the devices that are showing as ready to adopt without adopting them as I don't want to alter the configuration as it is working well.

Screenshot 2022-07-22 104627.png

happy to take any advice.
thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-22 104627.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-22 104627.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 7
Hola Jon,

Welcome to the forum…

I recall the cloud keys having a upper limit on devices managed which I believe was around 200 perhaps 250.

It looks like you’re breaching that by some margin, which could well explain your issues.

This isn’t the most active unifi forum, you might be better served using Ubiquiti’s own unifi forum.

Though a big job I’d start again and adopt and manage them all via the cloud key or ideally maybe the UDMpro

You will not be able to manage 250 APs from a Cloud Key or Dream Machine, they typically max out at around 40-60 devices depending on their internal memory capacity.

So are you wanting to manage as a single flat network or is it designed to be a collection of networks?

Using a hosted controller with more resources may be an option but it’s not something I’ve investigated with Unifi setups.

You will not be able to manage 250 APs from a Cloud Key or Dream Machine, they typically max out at around 40-60 devices depending on their internal memory capacity.

So are you wanting to manage as a single flat network or is it designed to be a collection of networks?

Using a hosted controller with more resources may be an option but it’s not something I’ve investigated with Unifi setups.
Sorry , yes Neil you are right I should have said all managed by one hosted unifi controller

More information on the scenario may be useful

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom