• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Unibody Macbooks now on re-furb store

jms_uk

Prominent Member
£979 for the 2.4GHz is a nice price but with the current 3rd party memory issues affecting some Macs, its still a case of finding the right RAM and hoping the mac doesn't barf as a result :eek:

Still considering the same spec new (with 4GB and a miniDisplayPort - VGA adaptor) is £1250 odd, that's a pretty huge saving..

Does anyone know what defines a "refurb" (i.e. is it something that's been repaired? Any case defects etc.) - is there a way of finding out just what has been done to make it a refurb or is it just pot-luck?? :lease:

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
£979 for the 2.4GHz is a nice price but with the current 3rd party memory issues affecting some Macs, its still a case of finding the right RAM and hoping the mac doesn't barf as a result :eek:

Still considering the same spec new (with 4GB and a miniDisplayPort - VGA adaptor) is £1250 odd, that's a pretty huge saving..

Does anyone know what defines a "refurb" (i.e. is it something that's been repaired? Any case defects etc.) - is there a way of finding out just what has been done to make it a refurb or is it just pot-luck?? :lease:

as new, 12 months warranty, you might not get a pretty box :)

they'll replace/repair anything so you shouldn't even get cosmetic issues.

IanW

Prominent Member
Not bad, but I only paid £899 for my 2.4 NEW. . . . :devil:

When he has them, this guy is sound, it is where I got mine from.

Ian.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom