unibody macbooks built in batteries

mcdermott_c

Established Member
Reaction score
Have only just realised that unibody macbooks (pros now) have a built in battery. Hmmmm not sure its this is great idea ? what happens when the battery no longer holds a good charge ? i take it its a case of sending in to apple to replace the battery rather than doing the job myself for much less cost

any opinions cheers

chris

It was installed in the 17" a few months back. The point Apple want to get across is that they have more power but they are greener as they will last for at least 1000 full charge cycles. At the time they need replacing its a service drop to Apple or their service agents. I think that over the lifetime even with the swap cost its probably going to cost the end user less.

thanks for the replies. As my macbook will mostly be used on my desk at home I had planned to pop out the battery and run off mains to save the battery. Obviously this isnt possible now so will just make sure i do full cycles to enhance the life of the battery

thanks gain for replies

chris

Also remember that on the previous unibodies the ram and hard drive were accessed through the battery cover. No cover = no accessibility?

eeek so no upgrading ram and hard disk ourselves ? thats cant be good

I wouldn't worry about that. I've no doubt it will be easy to upgrade mem and HDD on these new macbooks. On the 17" it's just a matter of removing 10 screws and taking the back cover off.

I wouldn't worry about that. I've no doubt it will be easy to upgrade mem and HDD on these new macbooks. On the 17" it's just a matter of removing 10 screws and taking the back cover off.

Captain looks like you might be right it appears you will be able to upgrade ram and HDD on your own without need to take it to an apple shop.

New Apple MacBooks demystified | Crave - CNET

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom