1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uni fi hi fi

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by smallangryboy, Jan 28, 2004.

1. smallangryboy

smallangryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Just moved this post to here as I didn't see this forum before:

I'm looking to merge all of my entertainment and PC needs into one, so I'm looking for an AV PC if there is such a thing. However I'm not one for looking at ugly beige boxes and wondered if there are any sexy solutions to this problem.

These home media PC's are slowly emerging onto the market but I doubt any offer adequate audio visual performance when replacing a seperates CD/DVD system. Can anyone suggest any that might.

I've looked at imerge M2000 http://www.imerge.co.uk/products/im...tml/ipmain.html sound server but unfortunatley thats only a CD/Hard drive system. I've also looked at ZT Groups media centre, http://www.ztgroup.com/intelsys_mce.asp which is basically a massive 250Gig hard drive and PC in a nice silver box. Seems OK but it's US only.

Can anyone point me toward something that will do a good job of DVD and CD replay, yet have the flexibility of being driven by a fast and sexy PC.

cheers in advance

SAB

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Definitely....have a look at www.uvem.com and then have a chat with Phil Hale,the owner.
    He's a superb chap with endless patience(with me,certainly)and the end product has been absolutely excellent.

3. smallangryboy

smallangryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Many thanks, I'll check that out.

SAB

4. RASH PATEL

RASH PATEL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ,
    Phil built my custom HTPC and I am absolutly thrilled with it.
    As Alexs2 said, you get fantastic product and advice from Phil.

Best of Luck,

Rash