Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Unhappy with Panasonic Amp/Speakers, Choices?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dave0, May 14, 2004.

1. dave0

dave0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Well after all the great advice in the TV forum, I figured I would try here next. Last night I bought a Panasonic SA-XR15 amp and Panasonic SB-BT10 speakers and I have to say I am dissapointed :( The sound is fine, but only fine and I was expecting better from it.

I paid £179 for the amp and £99 for the speakers and they are with me on a 14 day home trial so I can return them no problem.

I am willing to spend maybe £100 extra (£400 total) if it would make a big difference.

Any advice or suggestions on an amp/speakers for that price?

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I would guess you got it all from Richersounds. Its a great place for bargains and may of us have started there :D We need to know if you need to stick to compact amps and speaker systems or if you can accomodate full sized amps and speakers.
    For your money you can get some nice full sized kit. Also dont forget about buying decent interconnects and speaker cable to get the most sounds for your money.;)

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if it's slimline then SAXR25 is much better and is available for £350 with the 20 series speakers i think?
    Otherwise the Pioneer vsxc301 with Elac cinema1 would set you back £420

4. dave0

dave0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are dead right about Richer Sounds, I didnt worry too much about shelling out the cash right there in the shop since they promised this 14 day home trial.

I *could* fit full size kit in and I would certainly be interested in a recomendation of that but I think if possible the speakers would still be small, it is for a living room primarily and a home cinema secondarily :) Full size amp would not be a problem at all.

Maybe I will see if they do the XR25/20 speakers on a home trial to see a difference. Or the Pioneer.

Thanks for the advice but keep more options coming if they are out there ;) Thanks!!

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Then if you like the 10 series you could try getting a better amp.
    Maraantz sr4400
    http://www.richersounds.sv01.net/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=301738
    Yamaha rx-v540
    http://www.richersounds.sv01.net/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=301579
    Both at £199 and should be a significant upgrade to the panasonic. If you like the sounds then try the 20 series speaker.
    If you like slim systems and are interested in a good looking and sounding all in one system (awaits the flaming) the Pioneer nsv 99 is a bargain here.
    http://www.richersounds.sv01.net/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=301776
    It does everything, looks good and plays any disk you can throw at it inc. SACD and DVD-A. Very family (esp wife) friendly :D
    http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=4948&taxonomy_id=62-100
    Hope this helps.