unfinalizing: this happened to you?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Lee J B, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Lee J B

Lee J B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've got a new toshinba dvd recorder....i've noticed that sometimes after i've unfinalized a dvd-rw it tells me it doens't recognise the disc, and it means i've got to format the disc - and lose what i have on there!

I'm not sure at this stage whether it's the dvd recorder at fault, or the cheap dvd-rw's that i'm using (these are the first rw's i've used since purchase). I just wondered if this problem has happened to anyone else?

It doesn't always happen though. sometimes i can unfinalize and the data on the disc and its' still there for me to re-use/delete or whatever. however, not being 100% on whether it'll work means that if i ever part-use a disc and finalize it for use on another machine, i'll have to make damn sure that i dont need the stuff recorded on the dvd!

thanks for any input...

Lee

2. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +369
    i have had this, i think its the media

was they bulkpaq by any chance

3. Bob H2

Bob H2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba gives the same message when a DVD is finalised.

Would appear to me to be a software problem. Try adding something to the DVD and see what happens.