Unfinalized DVD content: can you dub to VCR?

H

Heyjoojoo

What can you do with the content on an un-finalized DVD? I have several disks that would not finalize for some reason. So, I figured that since the DVD content still showed under thumbnail view, that if played in real time, I could dub it to a VCR. I tried and it didn't work.

What can be done with this DVD content? I really want to try whatever to save the content...

Kareem

ROYOLD

If it plays on the machine it was recorded on I don't see why it will not transfer to VHS via a scart lead.

Don't forget the VCR needs a composite video signal input.

H

Heyjoojoo

Hi Royold,

I was aware only today that the same answer was given. I only posted there because that other forum was suggested on this forum. Did you have a question regarding that?

ROYOLD

No - no issue with that.

The only issue I do have - and it is not by any means confined to this thread - is that members do not state their location under their user name. It would have avoided the scart/RCA plugs issue in this case had I known your location.

I did know that only Europe uses the scart connections.

Hope that you have managed to fix the problem.

H

Heyjoojoo

Ah hah.... I'll fix my profile to represent my location. Greetings from the US and pardon my oversight.

Is the Scart connection better than RCA?

ROYOLD

Oh - that other pond. I've visited San Pedro (L.A.) several times when I was working on the Banana boats but that was a few years ago.

Thanks for including your location - perhaps it will encourage some others!

The main advantage to scart plugs and sockets is that they have 21 pins so can cover many more AV functions, including switching with just the one connection cable. It's probably more convenient and surprising that it wasn't taken up in the States. It was a French invention so sits on a pedestal with their vintage wines.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/scarts2.htm

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom