• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Underworld- Working title

Jack the lad

Established Member
I arranged a shoot this last weekend with the working title "Underworld". We used this movie and others as a visual reference in the planning stage.

Oh and feel free to RIA

One by Ashley Daws aka North of Auckland, on Flickr

. by Ashley Daws aka North of Auckland, on Flickr

Ravage by Ashley Daws aka North of Auckland, on Flickr

Pain by Ashley Daws aka North of Auckland, on Flickr

Untitled by Ashley Daws aka North of Auckland, on Flickr

Untitled by Ashley Daws aka North of Auckland, on Flickr

Last edited:

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
nice set:smashin:

if I can critique (you did say RIA):rolleyes:

#1 doesnt work IMO due to the 'credibility' factor ie they are obviously staged as they are coming from just in front of a brick wall as opposed to coming through a large entrance or just a lot further away from the wall.
#3 and #4 also suffers from similar as he just doesnt have a scared enough expression in that scenario.
#7 and#13 have the right expressions and work very well:smashin:
also love #8 and #11 for the image and lighting and atmosphere conveyed:thumbsup:

thanks for sharing

shotokan101

Banned
Thes e don't quite work for me I'm afraid - don't know if it's the "Staged" nature or that a couple look like Male/Female Perfume Adverts ("Blood For Women" Perhaps ? :rolleyes:) but the just don't sorry :(

Jim

Jack the lad

Established Member
nice set:smashin:

if I can critique (you did say RIA):rolleyes:

#1 doesnt work IMO due to the 'credibility' factor ie they are obviously staged as they are coming from just in front of a brick wall as opposed to coming through a large entrance or just a lot further away from the wall.
#3 and #4 also suffers from similar as he just doesnt have a scared enough expression in that scenario.
#7 and#13 have the right expressions and work very well:smashin:
also love #8 and #11 for the image and lighting and atmosphere conveyed:thumbsup:

thanks for sharing

I think you are spot on there :smashin:
Thes e don't quite work for me I'm afraid - don't know if it's the "Staged" nature or that a couple look like Male/Female Perfume Adverts ("Blood For Women" Perhaps ? :rolleyes:) but the just don't sorry :(

Jim

It's all good Jim, no need to apologise, it's art and it works for some and not others. Also it's a bloody big learning curve this photography thing, I took my first people photo almost a year ago now and had a strobe or two for 3 months so I will make mistakes (I'll learn from them though :D). I have another 2 shoots planned for the New Year and I'll put the ^^^^^ comments to good use.

Cheers for the feedback fellas :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom