Underworld (Unrated)(region free) Blu Ray £10.99

Was going to get Underword (and Evolution) in the next week as the UK releases are pretty dirt cheap at the moment
Can anyone tell me why the US version(s) is/are superior?

Thanks

The UK Version is the extended special edition. not sure what is unrated in the US version.

Taken from the Play.com review of the UK version

The UK version is encoded in mpeg2 HD and not AVC like the US version. The interactive 'setup' menu lets you choose Dolby Digital 5.1 when the disc only contains a DTS version of the sound track. (The US version contains uncompressed 5.1). Love the film even though it's a bit grainy but I would recommend buying the US version and get you moneys worth!

For those who want the UK versions, Underworld and Underworld Evolution can be had in the 2 for £18 deal at www.dvd.co.uk

I've always wanted to know, does anyone who owns both or either on UK Blu-Ray know what bitrate the audio kicks out? Seeing as the case claims Dolby but peoples amp flash DTS.

I've always wanted to know, does anyone who owns both or either on UK Blu-Ray know what bitrate the audio kicks out? Seeing as the case claims Dolby but peoples amp flash DTS.

They are full bitrate DTS at 1536kbps. The cover is wrong.

They are full bitrate DTS at 1536kbps. The cover is wrong.

Thanks for that. Shame it's not higher like the PCM on the US and Australian releases but still it's not bad and an improvement not only over the SD releases but for the fact that anyone with an amp that can decode DTS will get it full bitrate (especially those who don't have an amp that can support the HD audio formats yet).

Thanks for that. Shame it's not higher like the PCM on the US and Australian releases but still it's not bad and an improvement not only over the SD releases but for the fact that anyone with an amp that can decode DTS will get it full bitrate (especially those who don't have an amp that can support the HD audio formats yet).

DTS is the best I can get from my amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom