Underworld: Awakening 3D Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Has it really been eleven years since Underworld first ravaged our screens?

I’ll admit to having a bit of a soft spot for the Underworld films. Ever since Kate Beckensale shot through the floor in her tight fitting leather outfit, took on werewolves and her own vampire kind for the sake of love, the films have a dumb kind of fun attached to them – far more action than horror they (well the first two films, at least) nevertheless have a unique take on two of cinemas most endearing monsters and scored the most points of all by pitting them against each other. Original director Len Wiseman and co. produced some terrific vampire/werewolf lore; by casting the net far and wide to encompass a lot of ‘established rules’ about these supernatural creatures, there have been a few changes to what they can and can’t do in this particular universe, which makes for some very compelling monsters, the best of which being that these two iconic forces...

Read the full review...

You can be damn sure the US region-free Sony release looks far better than this UK version. Entertainment In Video are probably the worst distributor of major bluray titles in the UK at present. They have screwed up several releases including 'Killer Elite'.
To save money, the use more compression and try to squeeze titles onto a cheaper BD25 disc instead of a BD50 disc.
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

If you want this release for the 2D version...avoid, it's terrible. It would be beneficial if when one of these UK 3D/2D Blu-Ray's are reviewed some info on the 2D encode is given. Just pointing out as the 'HUGO' and 'UNDERWORLD AWAKENING' single disc UK Blu's have resulted in an inferior 2D version. Looks like these combi discs just do not work and basically give us a flawed 2D picture.

Great review...also love the franchise.;)

War

Great review, sounds about right in terms of my expectations of the movie. Still I'm a sucker for Kate so will have to pick this up.

So is the single disc US 2D version the way to go? Can anyone confirm this?

Great review, sounds about right in terms of my expectations of the movie. Still I'm a sucker for Kate so will have to pick this up.

So is the single disc US 2D version the way to go? Can anyone confirm this?

We'll be reviewing it very soon and you'll then have your answer :smashin:

Simon Crust said:
We'll be reviewing it very soon and you'll then have your answer :smashin:

Thanks, ok I'll wait until then before I pick it up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom