• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Underwhelming 4k TV demo

Doctor Smith

Prominent Member
I own a JVC x3 projector and a Samsung 51 e530 plasma TV. I have been seriously considering selling both and buying into the 65 inch 4k TV revolution.

With prices dropping like a stone and some retailers offering a further 10% off marked prices, I was all set to hand over my hard earned cash. This is until I demoed Panasonic, Samsung and Sony at my local pcworld, I know it's not the ideal viewing environment. However, it was enough for me to change my mind and stick with my current setup.
The blacks looked dark blue, in addition viewing slightly off center seemed washed out, the Life of Pi uhd demo did not look like a movie as it seemed too clear, reminded me of the old Philips Pixel plus technology.

Unfortunately the only TV which made my Jaw drop was the LG OLED, out of my price range though. I'm I bit gutted really was expecting to be blown away.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom