underground or forgotten creature movies

I have that on DVD and still can't watch it. The stuff of childhood nightmares that was for me.

How can you guys be afraid of a movie? Wish I was, I would give it 10/10 whatever it was.

How can you guys be afraid of a movie? Wish I was, I would give it 10/10 whatever it was.
I am sure there is something in most people lives that scares the **** out of them.

Bugs was that moment in life for me.

i have to admit so few things scare me or have for at least 15 years, Gore makes me smile, jump shock films usually aren't effective (although the decent and when i first saw the scream trilogy were tremendous for it), and most of the films that scared me were when i was 6, and by 7 i loved them,

The last time a film really scared me was the japanese ring back in 1998, i have been repulsed more often by watching everything from the eye to high tension to Martyrs, but scared is so rare, i guess i hunt for enjoymenty i get from horror movies (freedom in direction, low key cinematography and special fx) and to hope i chance across films that stick with me, like when i saw the shining around 10 years of age, i didn't sleep all night, and couldn't put my finger on what i was scared of. I suppose session 9 creeped me out too, and the orphanage a bit, but i just see it all as entertainment, and hope along the way i find something that does scare me. I in no way mean these films aren't scary its down to each persons threshold and i wish mine was much lower.

Thanks as always for all the suggestions, i have many of these on dvd, like street trash, the stuff, Xtro trilogy (sorry i like the gung-ho sequels, i was 12 when i saw xtro 2, it had big guns, and for a 12 year old, thats all it really needs) and that Snowbeast film looks hilarious, i forget that old fade to red trick when people died, i much prefer the night of the demon bigfoot movie where at least castrations, people having their intestines ripped out before being whipped to death with them actually happened before the screen faded to red.

I have never even heard of Bug, well aside the extraordinarily bad one from last year by william friedkin, so will happily hunt that out as so many of you mentioned it.

I guess i was after films with good monsters, and by monsters i mean large beasts attacking people brotherhood of the wolf style when i started this forum, and i have found monster flicks i never would have without you all, from the 70's to laugh at, please keep them coming, but i was after pumpkinhead, mimic, rawhead rex style creatures, ones that look damn amazing (although the bear in the prophecy actually does look amazing, looked like the thing out of the thing :p)

Keep all your suggestions coming from bad 70's drive in movies to really good movies. Yesterday i watched wolfen for the first time and that was amazing, and is that where they stole the vision for predator from, even the way it heard people was similar.

It used to be ghosts with me, The Woman In Black, A Warning To The Curious, Whistle And I'll Come To You, The Haunting, The Innocents. Even recent stuff like Session 9 and Emily Rose unnerved me a bit. Jaws also scared the living shat outta me when I was a wee one too.

i couldn't wee after jaws, or go in swimming pools, hell, anywhere with water and my childish brain thought a giant shark could get to me :p It is usually ghost films that get me, possession films were all ruined thanks to the exorcist even as a kid a girl stabbing her crotch with a crucifix screamin F*** me jesus was very amusing :p many say i was a disturbed child, but i still liked gummi bears and the raccoons :)

Nothing scares you ???

I meant how can you be afraid of the actual movie itself. How can you be afraid to put it in the DVD Player. I get scared of some parts of movies, but not afraid to put them in the player.

ah, in a throwback to killer inanimate objects like maximum overdrive, pulse, and stuff daphne in the washing machine we should make a killer dvd player, the tagline can be something awful like 'the terror of doom begins before the movie even gets to be played' :thumbsup:

but i can understand being to scared to even begin a movie if it creeped you that much first time round, like jack from an american werewolf in london, the first '18' i saw, i stole it out my sisters room when i was 5 and i was as engrossed as i was terrified, but i couldn't watch it till i was 10, and i showed it to two friends and their parents never let them come round again :devil:

I always think a horror can have more power in a crowd when fear collects in everyone, 3 halloweens ago i had a film night and muy mate brought over some rugby types who mocked my choice of dark water cause it had, to quote 'girly subtitles, or more the effort to read which i think was the real terror for them that night, but by the end of that classic we all screamed like little girls when the burnt looking rotting child comes at the screen :rotfl:

But monster films are often more for the gore, pacing, and the monster to me, simply put, they are cool, since i was small my gran read me many horror tales, kept me up late to watch gamera, and godzilla's, and since i can remember monsters were just cool. But clowns scared the living **** out of me, but even when i watch it now tim curry is just hilarious, i mean, he was the grand wizard in the worst witch :D

Last edited by a moderator:
But hes writing somthing that will :rotfl:

imagine being scared by nothing, but then the idea of nothingness is a bit weird to comprehend, that means the never ending story 2 would be the most feared film :rotfl: whichever one didn't have the emptyness, not that they lacked a new idea for an enemy or anything, but then i remember the werewolf in that being scary :p when i saw it on dvd, man was that an effortless puppet in comparison to falcorn

it has, but damn its so good its worth mentioning twice :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom