Undercover (BBC One)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Six-part political thriller starring Dennis Haysbert (The Unit, 24), alongside Sophie Okonedo (Criminal Justice, The Secret Life Of Bees) and Adrian Lester (Hustle, Red Band Society).

Written by award-winning scribe Peter Moffat (Silk).

Dennis Haysbert plays Rudy Jones - a man who has been on Death Row for 20 years, falsely imprisoned for murder. Maya (Okonedo) can only watch as her dearest friend and client refuses to go quietly, urging her to fight the deep-grained injustices that have tainted two decades of his life. Truths will emerge and Maya and Nick’s (Lester) lives will change forever.

Bold and gripping, Undercover takes on controversial and challenging issues that impact society on a global scale, with the narrative intercut over different decades, concurrently unfolding in both the US and UK. The new series follows Maya, who is about to become the first black Director of Public Prosecutions, the highest-ranking public prosecutor role in England. But just as Maya’s life comes under intense public scrutiny, she discovers that Nick, her husband and the father of her children, has been lying to her for years.

Twenty years ago, Nick was a fearless and dedicated undercover officer, infiltrating organisations considered a danger to society because of their political beliefs. Nick built himself a fake past, but now with his wife suspecting and his conscience killing him, his secret identity may end up compromising his wife’s new career.
Undercover is created by acclaimed writer Peter Moffat (Silk, Criminal Justice) and executive produced by Hilary Salmon, Head of BBC Drama Production England, for BBC One and BBC AMERICA. Salmon previously worked with Moffat on his hit legal series Silk, as well as the Bafta-winning Criminal Justice. Undercover is directed by James Hawes (Penny Dreadful, Enid) and Jim O’Hanlon (In The Flesh, Emma), with Richard Stokes (Broadchurch, Silk) producing.

The original six-part political thriller is the first co-developed series under the wide-ranging, creative partnership between BBC Worldwide and AMC Networks, and will be distributed internationally by BBC Worldwide. Slated for premiere on BBC One and BBC America in 2016, Undercover is currently filming in Louisiana and the UK. Today marks Haysbert’s first day on set.

Good episode last night , Maya really did not need all that extra pressure on her, she's suffering as it is

Article by a women whose real life story (along with another woman) was 'adapted' by Moffat
- she makes some good points
A few years ago I went to talk to the screenwriter Peter Moffat with my co-claimant Helen Steel about our deception by undercover Metropolitan police officers who had intimate relationships with us. He listened sensitively to our stories and shared the outline of his idea for a TV drama called Undercover inspired by our experiences.

I am enjoying this series alot more than I expected. Its surprised me. I honestly thought I would not take to it.

Mind you Ive also been enjoying The Durrells and that is definitely not my type of normal TV entertainment. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom