Underbelly - A Tale Of Two Cities

- they're still calling it a prequel but it doesn't appear to have any connection to the characters of Underbelly...
clearly this earlier remark of mine no longer appears to be the case

spoilers:

connections ...

Narrator/Detective Jacqui James: Caroline Craig just narrating this series though the character appears as the baby daughter of Senior Detective Liz Cruickshank - both fictional characters I believe

Alphonse Gangitano ("The Black Prince"): The younger Gangitano appears to have been part of the Kane crew .... not sure if this was ever true?? Nice nod to S1 with him walking over the police car.

Judi Kane played by Kate Ritchie (Sally off Home & Away) is step-mother of Trisha Moran nee Kane (Jason Moran's widow, biological daughter of Les Kane)

Mark "Chopper" Read ....
- now I thought this might just be a made up association, but Chopper himself confirms it: Chopper gives Underbelly understudy a tick - Entertainment - BrisbaneTimes

Another first class episode this week. :thumbsup:

Nah, I couldn't be arsed to wait. :)

Just cought up on this show - as expected and others expressed its great :smashin:

no doubt there's some artistic licence but i like that it based on real events, i think they could really run with this format - i wonder if we will see a biker gang one in the future or maybe they will expand and focus on criminal gangs from different countries?

already a 3rd season in the works to link srs 1 & 2
set in mid 80s to early 90s? ... should be some Midnight Oil, INXS, Divinyls and Men At Work on the soundtrack

The third outing will explore the corruption of the NSW and Victorian police forces throughout the 1980s and the clean up job that started in the early '90s.
Production company Screentime's Des Monaghan confirmed the new series, while Nine CEO David Gyngell alluded to the program's possible 2009 debut.
:smashin:

Does Terry Clark remind anyone else of Leo DiCaprio ?

Yeah I said this on the first page of this thread. :)

Excellent third episode.

Mr Asia reminds me of a cross between Leonardo di Caprio and Russell Crowe.

The new girl Alison is also a babe and spends most of her time with her clothes off. :devil:

10/10

Yeah I said this on the first page of this thread. :)

So you did.

Aussie bob reminds me of someone as well, can't think who though. Maybe I've just seen him in an Ausie soap or something.

Most of the cast of Both series have popped up in a soap at some point I think. At times the first season was like watching 'Home and Away: Life after Summer Bay'

Have you spotted Shane (Dieter Brummer) from Home and Away yet? He is one of the coppers, who keeps on visiting the guy who got shot in the eye.

dieternarrowweb300x4380.jpg

Season one did have a fair few familiar faces, the main one for me was Les from Home and Away. Season 2 of Underbelly has Sally from Home and Away who has turned out to be fairly attractive.

Yep I recognised him .... doesn't actually say much does he? :D

... and the guy who got shot in the eye is Shane Ramsay, one of the original Neighbours characters (Peter O'Brien)

Last edited:
Yep I recognised him .... doesn't actually say much does he? :D

... and the guy who got shot in the eye is Shane Ramsay, one of the original Neighbours characters (Peter O'Brien)

No he doesn't say much at all. Strange that. I wonder if he will play a bigger part in the show later on?

Strooth chook. :D I would of never of guessed that was Shane Ramsay. :eek: I know allot of it is dyed hair and he is made to look older but time really hasn't been kind to this one. :rotfl:

Bob - His character fascinates me. Its like he is a normal Aussie bloke with a regular family and a job. It just happens that his job is a professional Criminal and Drug Dealer. You almost feel sorry for him some times when he is asked to kill someone or is threatened.

No he doesn't say much at all. Strange that. I wonder if he will play a bigger part in the show later on?

Strooth chook. :D I would of never of guessed that was Shane Ramsay. :eek: I know allot of it is dyed hair and he is made to look older but time really hasn't been kind to this one. :rotfl:

Bob - His character fascinates me. Its like he is a normal Aussie bloke with a regular family and a job. It just happens that his job is a professional Criminal and Drug Dealer. You almost feel sorry for him some times when he is asked to kill someone or is threatened.

Bizarre I spotted Shane Ramsey straight away...but hadn't spotted the dieter bloke from H&A.

Aussie Bob is a cracking character though and really well played by the actor who i can't be bothered to look up on IMDB.

I reckon they should do an Aussie Bob spin-off.

There's definitely enough legs in the show for a 3rd season with timeline set between the 2nd and 1st ones.

Bizarre I spotted Shane Ramsey straight away...but hadn't spotted the dieter bloke from H&A.

Aussie Bob is a cracking character though and really well played by the actor who i can't be bothered to look up on IMDB.

I reckon they should do an Aussie Bob spin-off.

There's definitely enough legs in the show for a 3rd season with timeline set between the 2nd and 1st ones.

I thought I would save you the trouble of looking for a link.

Here is the chap that plays Aussie bob. :)

Roy Billing

I would love to see an Aussie Bob spin off. I hope he is in this season till the end. :smashin:

Blimey he's never been in Neighbours or Home and Away.

Been in every other Aussie show ever recorded mind :D

LOL.... That was the first thing I looked at. :rotfl:

Underbelly is back with two episodes this week to make up for it not being on air. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom