Under watery sound?

i-bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Because my budget was VERY small,I bought myself an Eltax Chroma Speaker Pakage.Overall i am pleased with them,but i get a very strange effect from the Bi-poles.They sound like they're under water.:confused:Its not that bad but it's the only thing i can compare it to and i'm not great with techy terms anyway.

My room is about 7m by 3m,but i have to have my setup width ways,so the rears are right in the corner,level with my seating position.
The thing is,i had the same effect when using Tannot M2's as rears also.

I have a Sony STR-DB930.

Any help would be great thanks.

Ian

Are they wired the correct way round? if not they will be out of phase and the sound will be hard to locate.

Get out of the bath!!!!!!!!!!!!
not helpful, I know.

Originally posted by cybersoga
Are they wired the correct way round? if not they will be out of phase and the sound will be hard to locate.

Yep,checked that.It's really annoying.

Perhaps the distance settings on the amp need adjusting? or maybe there's some other setting on the amp, such as an "under water" DSP mode?

could it be standing waves getting set up ????, these will vary with frequency, which might explain the "underwatery" sound as the standing waves could be causing dead spots......

Originally posted by i-bert
so the rears are right in the corner,level with my seating position.

Try moving the rears temporarily and testing agian. If you had the same effect with the Tannoys, it may be their position in the corner that is affecting them.

What source are you using? Prologic tends to make underwatery noises when theres nothing really coming out of the rear channel.

Alex

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom