1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under powered?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Poolsharkie69, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I underpowered with my speakers? I have the paradigm titans

http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/Performance/PerformanceSpecs.htm

I have 4 of them for my fronts and rear surrounds. I also have the paradigm CC-170 on the same page above as my center.

My sub is the PDR-10

http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/SubWoofers/PDR_Series_Specs.htm

Are these good speakers to keep. I have the chance to move to the Monitor series from Paradigm with removeable front grills....the titans do not have removeable ones?

Anyone have any comments? The sound is fairly nice wiht my setup...I just want the best bang for the buck and not want to under achieve with my receiver/speaker combo.

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Looks good to me in general. You'd notice a significant difference if you were to upgrade the sub to a more capable model but otherwise it looks well balanced. (The budget sub test sticky at the top of the subwoofers forum has a comparative review of the PDR10). :)

3. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    I like paradigm speakers a great deal. I have a pdr8 sub and a cc350 centre speaker and in my opinion they are good speakers. I wouldn't upgrade myself just for the sake of removable grills. That said you could easily sell your current speakers and put the money towards the upgrade :)

As John says a bigger better sub would definately add more punch to your setup.

4. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I am kind of stuck at what to do. I love paradigms by the way...(Canadian Boy in Canada). I will read the review on my sub. It was given to me for nothing so its not a big deal to upgrade it. The center speaker is quite big in size on my tv...not sure if I could handle a larger center. I listen to alot of music through my xbox (Media Center 2005) and watch alot fo movies. My Sat box idoesn't have digital outputs so I listen to it with 7ch stereo. I am going to tweak some settings tonight. Seems I find a trick or 2 each day on this forum....

My speakers are rated at 60 watts i think....thought the monitors might give more ummmph....

5. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    You lucky boy, we have quite a lot of difficulty getting paradigm speakers in the uk :rolleyes: If you think your centre is big, you should see the 350 it's rather large but sounds superb.

6. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I am lucky, for paradigms anyways, I got the titans for under 200 a pair taxes in (we have high sales tax). I have seen the 350 but not heard it. I was thinking of gettign presence speakers but reading the forums u have to chose rear or presence speakers...no fun. I think he only wants about 150 more a pair to go to the monitors. I am trying to solve my DTS problem as well...but I think i can fix that with my dvd player setup. If you ever need some paradigms sent over just look me up... :)

7. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    cheers dude :)