Under passenger seat?

R

ripcord

Hi all,
I've got myself a 6 cd changer (original from another megane) for my 99 megane (philips OEM headunit). I've been advised to put the changer under the passenger seat - easier to fit with velcro strips- no messing with brackets in the boot.

Anyone have any idea how I get the cable from the back of the stereo to under the passenger seat? Without the passenger stepping on it every time!

Cheers.

PS -> I also need to get the cable, anyone know where I can get one on the cheap?
Cheers.

run it under the carpet ideally, normally the carpet just flaps up at the top of the footwell so hopefully not too hard to sip it under then either run it along the side of the car by the sill (door) and then across and under the seat. Under the seat there's normally holes in the carpet for where the seat bolts to the floor so it can be brought up there.

As long as your seats don't have airbags in then take the seats out it will make the job so much easier!

have airbags in the side of the seats... so can't take them out!
There is a cable coming up from the floor under the seat (for the airbag i'd say..)
so i'll see where this is coming from.

Again, would anyone have any idea where to get the connecting lead from?
In fact, would it be easier to go to an electrical shop and get one made - should be easy as there are the same connection at both ends?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom