Question Under carpet cable

speed1268

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All, Having a re jig and will need longer length cables which are under carefully, At the moment they are Qed silver anniversary from awhile back.
Has anyone got advice on more flexible easier fitting cables, They are for my rear MA Soundframes!

Cheers

I use the oxygen free copper 2.5mm thick from ebay for my surround speakers. cheap and more flexible than QED's insulation. i cant hear the difference between branded copper cables and unbranded copper cables. 99.999% oxygen free copper is still 99.999% oxygen free copper regardless of the brand name printed on the insulation which is thick enough.

Hi Thanks for the reply. Yes I was looking at 2.5mm don’t think you need any bigger for rears.
Fisual do a sheathed cable for £2.50 a metre, As it’s going in wall also was thinking about fire retardant stuff maybe.

Cheers

Hi Thanks, Wasn’t sure wether maybe to use the Miniature or the s-flex, Was looking at a 2.5mm cross sectional cable but the Miniature says just 50 strand!
In saying that it looks carpet friendly but difficult to compare when looking at a screen.
It is more economical to use that over the s-flex though.

Cheers

If you buy flat cables youll need to bare in mind the cable can only be bent in one direction without distorting the insulation.

Yeh I think as I remember the qed cable wasn’t that flexible I just had it so used it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom