Under 25HZ for under £250 ??

Mart_73

New boy here so go easy with the techie stuff!!

I've had some interesting reading on this site over the last few weeks & got right into the whole sub thing !

I basically want something to give good levels of the under 25HZ stuff found on U571, The Matrix etc. but I'm not sure if it's possible for around £250.

According to the reviews I've found on here, units like the MS309 tail off considerably at around 20HZ & I'm assuming most Subs will unless you spend £400+. Is it possible to get anything new, which will really fill the room for under £250, or is it a better bet to get a higher quality 2nd hand sub ??

Any thoughts appreciated.

Ian J

Banned
Mart_73 said:
I basically want something to give good levels of the under 25HZ stuff found on U571, The Matrix etc. but I'm not sure if it's possible for around £250.

According to the reviews I've found on here, units like the MS309 tail off considerably at around 20HZ & I'm assuming most Subs will unless you spend £400+.
I think that you're right and I doubt whether you can buy a sub that will provide anything meaningful under 25Hz at the price that you've stated and even second hand you will be pushing it to find anything to fit your needs.

The cheapest "20Hz subs" will be the SVS PB-10 and BK Monolith at around £400 but they are both too new to find second hand examples at £250

Mart_73

Thanks for your opinions guys.

I understand what you're saying EJ, but, I don't want to get stuck in a situation where I shell out £250 now, & then decide 6 months down the road that the sub isn't what I was hoping for & I should have spent £400 - my wife would go mad !! :D :D

I only mentioned the 25hz thing beacuse if it's on my DVD, I want to hear/feel it & I want a sub that will do it.

Cheers
Mart

Knyght_byte

try and find an REL Strata 3 going second hand, you might get one for £250.....not the newer Strata 5 tho, u'd be lucky to pick one of those up under £400 second hand as its still £700 new.....

that should give you good deep bass at a nice level.....i know my Strata 5 does...heh

actually thanx for mentioning U-571, i think i'll watch that tomorrow night...havnt seen it for a while, last time was when i had my REL Quake.....should be interesting..heh

Knyght_byte

oh btw, it'll be listed as Strata III ....most likely...

l34052

I recently brought one of these off Ebay and i have no regrets so far :D It can go ridiculously loud and seems very low(i havent actually tested it yet...) ALL of my movies suddenly have a hidden new depth that my old Gale sub just couldnt offer, I dont think you'll buy anything better for this sorta money :thumbsup:

Trending threads

Top Bottom