Undeleteing a deleted recording???

rberman

Established Member
Reaction score
Using a Sky+ (V2), I accidentally deleted a recording I didn't meant to delete.

Does anybody know if there is any way to recover it?

Rodney Berman

This has "happened to me" (my own stupid fault, careless button pressing). I don't know how to recover it. Now,anything I record, I automatically select "KEEP" so a recording cannot be erased with one careless button-press.

I have said for a long time now that sky+ should have a confirmation screen before completely deleting a recorded programme.

Sorry cannot come up with a way to recover deletions, never heard of anyone being able to do so either!

M

Compounded by a muti - type remote, I've managed to do it a few times. Unfortunately when it's gone....... )-: As Kazuya says, use the keep! Nevermind, if it was a Sky program it'll soon be on again!
If only my remote wasn't so tactile & ergonomic, if those program schedualers just had more insite, if my Tv wasn't as big & watchable.......oohh got to go!!!

Originally posted by itcosthowmuch
I have said for a long time now that sky+ should have a confirmation screen before completely deleting a recorded programme.

They did on the original software back in 2001, for some reason it was removed during one of the early OS updates. Never understood why that decision was made.

Thaks to everyone who responded.

I suspected there might be no going back, but I thought it was worth a try.

The idea of using the "Keep" function seems a sensible idea so at least I can avoid the problem in future.

i just deleted part 2 of a 2 part jackass special about the gumball and im gutted :( damn my stupid hands damn them to hell.

I've done this too. Most recently on the second part of a two-parter (sea of souls) just as the wife and I were about to watch it having just watched the first part. I'd only had 2 glasses of wine too. I was not popular. :suicide: Stupid machine.:mad:

I now use keep for all programs. Anyone use 'keep' with a pin number?

Although i dont have sky+ at the mo until my cheep ntl football season ticket is up in theory if the hard drive works like it should the deleted data would still be on the drive so if the drive was connected to a pc a recovery program might be able to get it back(lot of trouble though) and thats how you catch Gary Glitter

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom