Undecided between Samsung B7020 or C6505

hbkidf

Standard Member
Hello all,

I have my heart set on a Samsung LED TV but keep changing my mind.

The B7020 is available for £999 at John Lewis, but the C6505 is available at Dixon's for £911. Am I wrong in thinking the C6505 is the newer version?

Can anybody please tell me which one I should go for? It's not for anything fancy, just Sky HD, DVD and PS3.

I thank you very much in advance,

Lee

kgreene

Standard Member
I tried asking same question and go no reply.
The 7020 is definitely a year old or more.
The c6505 is brand new I think.
The 7 series sounds better than 6 series - but I think they have changed all their model numbers so no-one seems to know.
I have read elsewhere on here that people are disappointed at the lack of new web widgets/contents etc. for the 7020 as they are releasing them for the newer c6 series.
Doesn't bother me as I have media centre PC connected and I think any TV will be quickly out of date and the manufacturers will not keep up with firmware updates to keep the newest content available etc.
The Samsung website gives full specs and they have changed what everything is called but it doesn't seem to have anything fundamentally different in terms of features etc.
Ken

hbkidf

Standard Member
So in your opinion I should go for the C6505?

Must say it is confusing. The Series 7 is a B and the 6 is a C so I'm assuming the C is more up to date?

PeteMan

Standard Member
So in your opinion I should go for the C6505?

Must say it is confusing. The Series 7 is a B and the 6 is a C so I'm assuming the C is more up to date?
Yes, C versions are the 2010 versions. See my thread "Samsung Model Numbers Explained" thread.

Pete

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom