Uncut Gems (Safdie Brothers, Adam Sandler, Criterion USA, October 2021)

IGC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
71g1IXBDEeS.jpg

I already have the US Blu-ray from LionsGate and very good it is.

I found this to be a brilliant film from the Safdie Brothers and Sandler is amazing I can see why he was nominated for an Oscar.

It's a shame it didn't get a UHD disc but the Criterion will give it a bit more lub hopefully. Not sure it's coming to the UK from Criterion it didn't even get a DVD release here AFAIK. Absolute shame.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES​

• 4K digital transfer, with Dolby Atmos soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Audio commentary from 2019 featuring writer-directors Josh Safdie and Benny Safdie, writer and editor Ronald Bronstein, and producer Sebastian Bear-McClard
  • New interviews with cinematographer Darius Khondji, costume designer Miyako Bellizzi, and casting director Jennifer Venditti
  • Documentaries from 2019 and 2020 on the making of the film and soundtrack
  • Screen test featuring actors Adam Sandler and Julia Fox
  • Goldman v. Silverman, a 2020 short film by the Safdies, featuring Sandler and Benny Safdie
  • “Question & Answer,” a 2020 short film featuring the Safdies, Sandler, actor Jason Bateman, and comedy writer Megan Amram
  • Deleted and extended scenes, including a full performance of “The Morning” by the Weeknd
  • Trailer
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • PLUS: An essay by film critic J. Hoberman and, for the Blu-ray, a 2020 discussion of the film by the editorial staff of Jewish Currents magazine

Cover photography by Inez & Vinoodh

Old US disc review here / back cover:

s-l1600.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom