Uncomfortable pad?

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is struggling to adjust to the XB1 pads? Not sure what it is but every time i use mine i get hand cramp pretty fast and just feels uncomfortable to use. I am not holding it any different to any previous pad as far as I'm aware. I never experienced this with original xbox and more recently the 360 pad.

It's quite frustrating as i can not play the games for too long and just find the whole experience frustrating because of it. Slowly i have adjusted to the new feeling sticks and everything else but just can't get rid of this uncomfortable feeling?

The drumstick ( LOL ) part of my hand as in the lower area surrounding the thumb always cramps up

Just wondering if anyone else is struggling to adjust to the XB1 pads? Not sure what it is but every time i use mine i get hand cramp pretty fast and just feels uncomfortable to use. I am not holding it any different to any previous pad as far as I'm aware. I never experienced this with original xbox and more recently the 360 pad.

It's quite frustrating as i can not play the games for too long and just find the whole experience frustrating because of it. Slowly i have adjusted to the new feeling sticks and everything else but just can't get rid of this uncomfortable feeling?

The drumstick ( LOL ) part of my hand as in the lower area surrounding the thumb always cramps up

Quite the opposite for me. The Xbox One controller is hands down the most comfortable controller I've ever used. I can game for hours on end without cramp in my hands. Something I could definitely not do with the 360 pad. For me it is absolutely night and day better.

I guess ultimately the comfort of any controller depends on your hand size, how you hold it etc. But there really is very little I can complain about with the X1 controller. I find it completely natural, very precise and very comfortable.

The shoulder bumpers are different so imo you need to push those buttons differently. Use the inside of your finger (middle knuckle) instead of the tip of your finger (if that's what you were doing). I can see how you would get a cramp if you tried to use it exactly like you used the 360 pad.

I'm not keen on the shoulder bumpers on the X1, but I've gradually adapted to them. I do occasionally get cramp/numb hand syndrome, but then that was also true with the 360 controller. It's no more frequent than it used to be.

I still prefer the 360 controller though, TBH....

I'm not finding it all that different, feel wise.
Some aspects are more comfortable, but the strangest thing I find is the lack of battery.
Where it's changed size and position, it's more like using an Xbox360 wired pad in a lot of ways.
Playing my 360 I'd hold the pad in a particular way to accommodate for the battery sticking out the back.
With the X1 pad I don't have to and it feels a little strange.
Not bad, just strange.

Not had any issues like the OP.
Never had an issue on 360 or now the Xbox One.
Only Controller I had issues with was the DS3.

I much prefered the 360 pad over the X1 but after using it more and more going back to the 360 pad just feels weird. The X1 controller is excellent once you get used to it and the new bumpers and triggers.

Played a lot of TF with the XB1 pad, went back to the 360 and the 360 pad felt quite clunky in comparison.

As a newcomer to the XBO (1 week) I found the seams on the pad terrible, especially at the 'bottom' of the two grips. They are just were my smallest finger curls around the pad and are so poorly aligned that they cut into my finger. I had to put a plaster (bandaid to our U.S. friends) on each side to 'cure' it :) This works but does look a little ugly. :)

I agree with banjo,, the seams are awful and make the pad feel cheap and you can feel it flex at times.

I've had my Xbox just over a month and I've not had any problems with the controller. It did feel a bit weird for the first couple of days because I'd been using the DS4 for about four months, so going back to an Xbox controller took a bit of getting used to, but I'm finding the controller really comfortable and I love the triggers.

Only game I find I get any issues with theX1 pad is on Killer Instinct whilst using the Dpad but I also had the same issue with the 360 pad as I find the d pad position is not ideal for fighting games. If only fighting sticks weren't so god damn expensive!

Never had any issues with the controller apart from the top of the thumb sticks

My left thumb kept sliding off when I was pressing forward for a continuation of time, I then purchased the ORB thumb grips and I have one on the left stick, never had any other issues now

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom