Uncharted: A Thief's End (10th May 2016)

Well then naughty dog havnt released a hdr update for the game, and you should play in game mode, the input lag in other modes is usually high
I play everything in Movie mode without any issues whatsoever.

If you don't notice anything then you must have the reaction time of a sloth lol, movie mode is normally around triple the input lag of game mode

Depends on the TV. My Panny CX802 has the same lag thru game mode as it does on my calibrated settings for watching films, because basically all the processing is off. I do expect that HDR is going to add something to this, but whether it Wil, be noticeable to me or not isn't clear yet.

Depends on the TV. My Panny CX802 has the same lag thru game mode as it does on my calibrated settings for watching films, because basically all the processing is off. I do expect that HDR is going to add something to this, but whether it Wil, be noticeable to me or not isn't clear yet.
That's what I think is happening here, and is the best of both worlds...
Movie mode is unarguably the best mode for picture quality, and along with it it turns off all the guff that shouldn't really need to be on, hence being as good as game mode with regards to response time.

When calibrating (and playing) my drums for RockBand, i could definitely tell the difference between Movie and Games modes.

Just depends on the games though, if they don't involve strict timing windows, then enjoy the extra visuals.

When calibrating (and playing) my drums for RockBand, i could definitely tell the difference between Movie and Games modes.

Just depends on the games though, if they don't involve strict timing windows, then enjoy the extra visuals.

No doubt, most TVs have less lag in game mode than using any other preset. What I do know, is that my particular set does not have any additional lag when gaming through my calibrated viewing presets. This has been stated in a number of reviews and tests.

What's your screen mate?

It depends more on the TV. I also use have used RockBand to bring some numbers when I have perceived input lag, basically when I got a decent LG and could not play the game so had to recalibrate.

My previous (and other) TVs didn't need it. The lag on this LG was an horrific 100ms. Game mode made very little difference to this.

Game mode will vary TV to TV , but it doesn't mean it is good for gaming, just better than the other modes on that TV and sometimes by almost nothing.

Has this game had the hdr update.

Having problems loading this after upgrading to the Pro.
Get a black screen after the splash screen.
Couldn't get it working by closing application, restarting, etc. so have now deleted and reinstalled the disc with the update downloading.
If I try to play now, offline and before update installed, I just get a countdown.

Will update what's happening once the update has redownloaded and installed.

Another update has been released, anyone know what it was for?

still one of the best looking games out there, if not the best on ps4

As a long time fan of the franchise, I found this one lovely to look at but got a bit bored with the climbing and jumping. I know it's a fundamental part of UC gameplay but I felt the balance was slightly out this time.

The puzzles were too easy and overall the gunplay wasn't as exciting as previous games.

I just finished my first run through (on hard) and apart from the beach scene and the sword fight it was surprisingly simple.

I'll probably run through again on crushing in the new year.

Overall I enjoyed it (as I have all of them), but I think I was expecting a bit more.

If I look back at the top 5 most memorable chapters from all 4 games, none of them are in UC4. That's not to say it's a bad game, I still enjoyed it. Storyline and characters were still as good as ever, and graphics impressed (although graphics always come behind gameplay IMO)

That's why when my buddies come over we end up playing Crash Team Racing, rather than the latest (prettiest) driving game.

UC4 was a lovely game but probably the weakest of the series. But saying its the weakest of the series only means just that because this is a a Naughty Dog game and that means guaranteed entertainment and extremely high standard in gaming experience.

So I had a real enjoyable blast with it. I cant wait to play it again to soak up the delights the game delivers.

I never expect sequels to be better than predecessors, often they can be and thats a bonus but for me, what really excites me is to be riding out with old friends again with the usual high octane entertainment. Its like when you go out with friends you have more memorable days with them than others but you always enjoy to be going out with them, regardless because ultimately its their company you enjoy. And that's what Uncharted series do for me.

So I loved this 4th instalment a lot but I did have a story issue with it. Sam. I didnt feel any affection for Sam, and I almost despised his gate crashing into Nate's friends circle...I couldnt help it and of course its silly of me to resent the character because that is the story! it revolves around Sam's intrusion into Nate and Elena's life. It was a good story though and I loved the to and fro narrative. I loved the gameplay too but at the same time I also felt the game was a lot easier for some reason. Also, the best action set pieces just weren't as outstanding or exhilarating as in the previous 3 games.

But where UC4 did excel over the previous games is in the attention to details, nuances and expressions. The developers certainly capitalised on the new console's capabilities. The game is so beautiful, I revisit certain chapters, lingering around just for therapeutic reasons!

I am eager to play through it again but as I only bought the PS4 last month, I want to play through a select number of backlog of PS4 games that I collected in my PS4 subscription.

But I sure aint done with Nate & co yet, and I am super excited for the upcoming Chloe-centric DLC.

This is £20 on the 12 days of Christmas in the PS Store.

Think I'll take the plunge at that price.

Version 1.18 been released. 3.8GB Patch

MULTIPLAYER

Introducing Survival!

Our new cooperative and solo mode will put your skills to the test as you take on 50 increasingly challenging waves, featuring unique objective scenarios, swarms of powerful enemies, and intense boss battles. As you make your way toward level 50, you’ll earn XP in Survival’s dedicated progression system and unlock unique rewards.

Alongside Survival, we’re spicing things up in competitive Multiplayer with King of the Hill—an all new addition to our Beta Test Playlist. Capture the hill and defend it for as long as you can. Defending team doesn’t respawn until the hill is taken by the enemy team or you and your teammates are wiped out!

New DLC Content

• 2 New Maps:
    • Prison
    • Train Wreck (Flashback map)
  • 5 Flashback Weapons:
    • M4 Assault Rifle
    • PAK-80 Light Machine Gun
    • Micro 9mm automatic pistol
    • Para 9 pistol
    • Desert 5 pistol (Heavy Weapon)
  • Classic Uncharted 2 & 3 music added to in-game & menus
  • 48 Character Skins
  • 40 Vanity items
  • 10 Taunts
  • 25 new color options for every skin!
  • 10 new levels (81 – 90 for competitive), with two new vanity unlocks
  • 12 New Co-op Trophies
  • New Challenges for new items & Survival challenges
  • You can now set your challenge preference to Multiplayer, Survival, or a mix of both
  • Separate MP and SP executables, the game will now load you into the last section you were playing
Welcome to Economy 2.0!

• Permanent Price Reductions:
    • Vanity DLC chest price reduced from 2000 to 300 Relics
    • Premium Vanity DLC chest price reduced from 3000 to 1500 Relics
    • Gameplay DLC chest price reduced from 3000 to 2500 Relics
    • All Uncharted Point prices reduced to Summer Sale levels (25 – 40% off)
  • VIP Bonus
    • Purchasing any Uncharted Points pack now awards VIP status, which gives you a permanent 20% bonus to all Relics earned from challenges within Uncharted 4
    • Anyone who previously purchased an Uncharted Points pack will also have VIP status
    • Any Uncharted Points pack over 300UP now comes with a set of one-use Relic Boosters.
      • Relic Boosters give you a 300% increase to the Relics earned from completing a Multiplayer match, plus a stacking shared bonus, which all players in the match receive
  • The more players activate a booster in a match, the bigger the reward for everyone!
  • Chests are now purchasable with Uncharted Points
  • Chest prices are less than purchasing the items they drop individually
  • All Multiplayer matches now award 15 Relics regardless of win or loss
Balance and Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with not loading into games properly
  • Saviors no longer stand idle while their owner is being choked by a Hunter
  • Fixed an issue with being unable to activate some Mysticals after purchasing while dead
  • Plunder spawn weight adjustments
  • Team colors now appear properly for all clients in a Private Match
  • Fixed the Radar image for Village
  • Fixed Radar when spectating a teammate
  • Fixed an issue with sounds persisting after a game has finished
  • Fixed an exploit on the level Auction

If you run into any issues, please report them at: Welcome to the Naughty Dog technical issues forums!

Survival is great, we had a quick hour on this mode and it's very well puts together.

Worth a try, so many good games now to go back and try.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom