Uncharted 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Great review as always Mark, will wait till this drops in price before getting 4k disc for picture and sound quality.

Awesome review mate, I did have this on pre order but cancelled it. I will also wait until its nice and cheap.

Unchartered looks like a movie that wants to start a franchise but with Tom Holland being busy with his big Spider Man contract will he have the time or is this nascent movie franchise worth the bother?.
Tom's character Nathan is a cross between Spider Man and Ethan Hunt with sequences that look and feel like a rip-off of Mission Impossible with some CGI gaming imagery thrown in for good measure,.
At least Tom looked like he was being active, Mark Wahlberg probably just wanted to phone his role in and was probably taken aback that he actually had to participate in some of the fight stunts. It's fair to say that I am not a Wahlberg fan, his movies are all about the CGI and muscle, acting, if you can call it that, tends to get left out, but then again the story was designed for Tom who had not switched off his Spider Man mode for most of this movie.
I expected to see an end of credits surprise clip similar to Marvel, but someone must have forgotten about it.
I give this movie 6 out of 10 as it was sort of entertaining if there's nothing better to watch.

I really enjoyed the uncharted games, and I thought that was a franchise easily transferred to the big screen, but unfortunately not.

The review was spot on especially in regard to the characters which were really thin, and basically a bickering double act throughout which was not that entertaining. Holland almost seemed to have had a charisma bypass since the spiderman movies, but it highlights how important good writing is.

The plot was pretty standard fayre and offered nothing new.

So disappointing. 5/10

Watched film and I've played all the games so wasn't expecting much.

All casting other than Mark Walberg is fine with me.

Like how it started with link to part of one of the games for the young brothers.
One of those films, visually great, decent acting, story predictable (especially if played games) but not as bad as I'd feared.

Will likely never watch again and a 5-6 about right for me. Could have been so much better, but OK with Tom as the younger Nathan and thought Sophia as Chloe was spot on. Weak script.

Last edited:
I couldn't get Claudia Blacks voice out of my head watching it. Shopia was ok but they really need someone with Blacks on screen presence even if she was obviously far too old to play the role herself!

This was a younger phase of Nathans life, before its implied he had a relationship with Chloe in the games as older Nathan (before relationship/marriage with Elena). Hence, Chloe would need to be younger and less husky voiced.

having never played the games didn't know what to expect but overall i enjoyed it and the banter between tom holland and mark wahlberg was spot on for me. for a saturday night popcorn flick.

I got conned into going to see this by two of my grandchildren on the Cineworld any film for £3 day. In 4DX.
I’ve had 4 visits to chiropractor since and won’t speak to my grandkids ever again

Shocking movie, I dont even know what to say. When shit started flying, I thought the I had lost my mind. Watched no trailer.
I didnt even know it was based on a game though lol, maybe I would have had it easier to swallow then.

Last edited:
I saw this utterly forgettable movie in theaters sadly and could not watch it again no matter how nice the picture looked.

Thank you for covering this:

Dreadful movie, utter mess really is my opinion. If you don't like someone but you had to buy them a Xmas present, gift wrap them a copy of this. They will love you :)

Video game adaption to movie is always going to be messy affair esp if you're a fan of the game.
Think Doom was quite decent and that's going back 17 years..........

An absolute trash movie.

Everything up until the last 15-20 mins was ok and broadly enjoyable. Typical Indy type clone with decent enough acting. Then the last 20 mins arrived and oh my, what a complete and utter dire pile of poo.

The SFX were appalling (the sea/waves were particularly jarring and once you'd seen how terrible they were you couldn't take your eyes off it). The utterly non-sensical physics abusing scenarios (I know, it's a fantasy but it wasn't a completely break the laws of physics Marvel kind of fantasy). The ludicrous plot holes. I could go on and on in that last 20 mins.

Whole family felt the exact same with my son commenting as the credits rolled "Well that fell off a cliff pretty fast..."

G

having never played the games didn't know what to expect but overall i enjoyed it and the banter between tom holland and mark wahlberg was spot on for me. for a saturday night popcorn flick.
I have to agree with you on this. Not knowing anything about the game or characters, I enjoyed it for a sit back Friday night action flick. Sound and picture was good. Was not expecting anything from it. I have seen far worse films that have got higher ratings like Halloween kills, now that was just bad.

Last edited:
The movie was entertaining. wahlberg + Holland have some good comedic moments.

A solid 7/10 tbh. No way 5.

It’s not ever meant to be cerebral but just light entertainment.

Thought this was perfectly fine. Loved the bonkers climatic sequences.
Will pick it up when the price drops.

Last edited:
5 is generous
The Lost City was better 😳

I found it a reasonably watchable popcorn movie. Script wasn't great but the action was pretty good. Banderas was wasted. 6/10 for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom