unc0ver 5.0 jailbreak released

chukwe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
If you're still into Jailbreak this is good news for you.

An updated version of the Unc0ver jailbreak tweak called "Unc0ver 5.0" developed by a developer and researcher called "pwn2ownd".

He said to have discovered a kernel exploit in the newly released iOS 13.5 for all devices.

You can check on his website unc0ver regularly for the release.

Jailbreaking used to be a popular forum topic but as Apple kept adding official features, members have not discussed jailbreaking anymore.

Jailbreaking used to be a popular forum topic but as Apple kept adding official features, members have not discussed jailbreaking anymore.

Yeah, since Apple started to add loads of features that used to be jailbreak only features, there’s been less and less need to jailbreak over the years. I mean pretty much everything I used to jailbreak for, I can now do without jailbreaking. Plus I like manage my bank accounts on my phone too, something you can’t do if your jailbroken

Yeah, since Apple started to add loads of features that used to be jailbreak only features, there’s been less and less need to jailbreak over the years. I mean pretty much everything I used to jailbreak for, I can now do without jailbreaking. Plus I like manage my bank accounts on my phone too, something you can’t do if your jailbroken

I agreed with you about bank jailbreak detention which is annoying. But there's is still a lot of tweaks and features available in jailbreak that you can't do with stock iOS.

For a start, you can't theme nor resize your icons, statusbar and control centre. No widgets. Watusi for whatsApp and Rocket for Instagram is priceless. Just name it. PhoneCaller, CallBar, whoozIt, A-font etc.

I can't do without a jailbreak. If you're in doubt, just try it.

Been Jailbreaking my iPhone since I first got a 3GS, love it and can’t live without it, Apple is so boring on standard iOS.

watch is not Jailbroken, just my phone, I use Clockology beta to theme my watch.

Attachments

• 9F590721-D06F-4818-A566-CEBFE899417A.jpeg
    9F590721-D06F-4818-A566-CEBFE899417A.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 79
  • CD0D099F-A07E-41A7-817A-2EC8461C958B.png
    CD0D099F-A07E-41A7-817A-2EC8461C958B.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • 084F08EF-B7CD-4312-8EC5-C3CF9388F857.png
    084F08EF-B7CD-4312-8EC5-C3CF9388F857.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 89
I'm pondering jailbreaking, wondering if there are any decent CarPlay related jailbreak apps out there. Know there is Carbridge that lets you use pretty much any app on CarPlay but might have to take a look to see what else there is.

Well I did the jailbreak this afternoon and suspect I’ll be restoring to factory this evening. Even with tweakrestrictor installed sky go, bt sport and Lloyd’s bank apps don’t work and I use all of these quite regularly.

Well I did the jailbreak this afternoon and suspect I’ll be restoring to factory this evening. Even with tweakrestrictor installed sky go, bt sport and Lloyd’s bank apps don’t work and I use all of these quite regularly.

That’s exactly why I don’t do it, even if it’s only my banking app that doesn’t work, that’s a deal breaker for me straight away.

Bit annoying you’ve got to mess around restoring your phone, but if you read my post above you would have seen that I stated banking apps don’t work with jailbreaks!:p

To be fair the banking one isn’t a disaster, I could have coped just using online on the pc but I use sky go and bt sport quite a lot. Tried a-bypass and liberty lite without success as well. Think I’ve got BT Sport working using a-bypass but still nothing for Sky as there wasn’t the last time I did a jailbreak on my 3GS!!

To be fair the banking one isn’t a disaster, I could have coped just using online on the pc but I use sky go and bt sport quite a lot. Tried a-bypass and liberty lite without success as well. Think I’ve got BT Sport working using a-bypass but still nothing for Sky as there wasn’t the last time I did a jailbreak on my 3GS!!

Yeah, you need your apps, get that computer and iTunes fired up!

Yeah, you need your apps, get that computer and iTunes fired up!
Tried the app we use for our IP phones at work so i can log in from my iPhone to work from home and that failed to work as well. It either just stuck on a white screen or if i enabled it in one of the jailbreak bypass things it loaded to a log in screen but didnt log in.

Not a great success rate when 4 or 5 of the apps i need fail dismally.

Tried the app we use for our IP phones at work so i can log in from my iPhone to work from home and that failed to work as well. It either just stuck on a white screen or if i enabled it in one of the jailbreak bypass things it loaded to a log in screen but didnt log in.

Not a great success rate when 4 or 5 of the apps i need fail dismally.

I wonder how all the people who are jail broken get by without all these apps? Surely a few tweaks here and there isn’t worth giving up a hand full of apps you normally use on a daily basis.

They must live without them, or be lucky that most of the apps they have still work.

I’d considered the jailbreak but I use Apple Pay and access my online banking often. Even if they did work I’d be unsure about trusting a jailbroken and potentially security compromised device to access them.

I wonder how all the people who are jail broken get by without all these apps? Surely a few tweaks here and there isn’t worth giving up a hand full of apps you normally use on a daily basis.

They must live without them, or be lucky that most of the apps they have still work.

I have been jailbreaking for many years and wouldn't stop. I'm currently jailbreak on iOS 13.5 with unc0ver 5.0.1. I don't think I can do without it.

It's a big pain that I can't use my Lloyds, Halifax & Santander bank apps but it's been a very long time now, so I use my laptop for my bank transaction.

Apart from those 3 bank apps, the rest of my Apps work with the help of tweaks like [Liberty Lite] and [Choicy].

Without jailbreak, iPhone will be unusable and ugly. I can't stand it

Yeah I bank with Lloyds, I just use Safari to log in to banking as and when needed. A small price to pay for being able to fully customise my phone the way I like it.

Yeah I bank with Lloyds, I just use Safari to log in to banking as and when needed. A small price to pay for being able to fully customise my phone the way I like it.
Yeh i would have done the same but the fact at least three or four other apps didnt like it including one i need to work currently means its not feasible for me. I'm not that bothered about a jailbreak to have to work round these other apps as well.

To be honest i was only doing it because i thought i could and to have a play, i'm not even sure having looked at some stories about the best tweaks what i would have used it for that was a benefit. Possibly the Carbridge thing for adding other apps to CarPlay as, normally, i spend a lot of time driving to and from work and i used to like the tweak that changed it so when you got a call it was a bar at the top and not a full screen. I'm not fussed about themeing etc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom