1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unbreakable for a fiver ...

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Popester, May 12, 2001.

1. Popester

Popester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No! Don't move this, not really offering this movie just starting a point. Have just been put in touch with a site that I can only describe as Napster's far bigger and more evil brother (no links or names in this piece so please, no shouting about taboo topics).

On this site I have found software for decrypting and ripping DVDs, and software for burning them on to VCD or DVD-Rs (consumer playable). The cost of the DVD-Rs? £5 each from Apple. Of course you will need a high end Mac with a DVD-R writer but there you go.

Not only that but I have already found most new films such as Unbreakable (crap film though) posted on boards available for downloading!!!!

Is this the future of DVD? how will studios cope with this? The technology is server to server (unlike Napster) so there is little anyone can do about it legally.

Could be an interesting few years ahead.

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    In know where to get my hands on DeCSS

3. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    peer to peer then, winmx is workin on this too and has divx movies for download. Cheap high bandwith aids the movement on films but to be honest, its nice to have the original as part of my collection to browse

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All id like to say is its possible to rip a dvd in a weekend, without n e prior knowledge.

its an eye opener for sure.....

5. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can rip it in about 30 minutes to hardisk, just divx conversion as gladiator says will take the whole weekend ;)