Unbreakable 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Review & Comments

CaroleBaskin

How can I not read a review written by Cas involving Willis? It’s like Steve talking about Dwayne Johnson 😂

Yes, now happily tucking half a dozen duds under his belt every year, back in 2000 Bruce Willis was still reasonably invested…

17FFA54E-2B93-43CB-A72B-DB161B4FECD9.gif

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Unbreakable is definitely Shyamalan's best film for me. Its such a shame about Glass because Split was very good too.

Imajicaman

Standard Member
An excellent review as is the norm on here for physical media discs. I must admit that I personally am happy not to have extras on a 4k disc. I'd rather have all the space taken up by the movie for picture and sound quality, allowing for higher bit rates. I'm happy for the extras to be on the bluray or a separate bonus disc.

La Finta Nonna

Thank you for the review Cas it was a film I really enjoyed and I agree that Willis was very good in it and the inevitable twist was still moderately surprising

Rolph77

Such a great film.
And while Split was a solid 3/5, Glass was a really surprisingly great end to the story.

Clark1983

Easily one of the best comic book (unofficially) movies of all time. Such a wonderfully acted film against the backdrop of a great concept. Love it. And the original score deserves a lot of praise which is now on iTunes. 10/10 - I loved the trilogy too - even Glass despite its faults. M.night can be incredible - however Old was horrific in every way.

mb3195

Distinguished Member
This is a truly great film, excellent story and take on the comic book genre.

Thanks for the review Cas.

shodan

Distinguished Member
Easily one of the best comic book (unofficially) movies of all time. Such a wonderfully acted film against the backdrop of a great concept. Love it. And the original score deserves a lot of praise which is now on iTunes. 10/10 - I loved the trilogy too - even Glass despite its faults. M.night can be incredible - however Old was horrific in every way.
100% agree with every word here!

Davyb100

Great review Cas. Haven’t watched this film for years, bought it on dvd when it was first released so a definite upgrade for me. I do get a bit miffed though the way Disney handle their physical media releases. Not including DV or Atmos on the disc when it’s on the streaming service is disappointing but not surprising.

Gerry557

Great review Cas. Haven’t watched this film for years, bought it on dvd when it was first released so a definite upgrade for me. I do get a bit miffed though the way Disney handle their physical media releases. Not including DV or Atmos on the disc when it’s on the streaming service is disappointing but not surprising.

I double checked that I was reading it correctly. Why, just why would you do that. Is it to try and get even more money out of you to sign up. I might give this a miss which is a pity as it's not a bad bit of entertainment.

Can't believe it's not Atmos

Davyb100

I double checked that I was reading it correctly. Why, just why would you do that. Is it to try and get even more money out of you to sign up. I might give this a miss which is a pity as it's not a bad bit of entertainment.

Can't believe it's not Atmos
Think that's basically what it boils down to. They get you on the streaming service and chances are they have you for years. And I would expect they make more money on the digital platform rather than paying manufacturers, distributors, transport and retailers. Amazon have the same tactic, they bought Lovefilm and then closed it down. They barely reduce physical media now unless they're reacting to someone else's sale.

Aggrajag

I recently rewatched the entire trilogy in 1080, only having ever seen the first upon it's original release and the others not at all. I must say I enjoyed all 3, but this is undoubtedly the best of the bunch.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom