1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unbelievable problem with Tesco.com.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Jon Weaver, Dec 22, 2001.

1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +657
    I have an unbelievable story that I felt like sharing... Am I the only one who has had problems like this?

About 3 weeks before the release of Pearl Harbor, I ordered 4 copies. (For Xmas presents and colleagues).

The weekend before the release, I recieved an email advising me of a special offer on 'Pearl Harbour' for £12.99..

As I wanted another DVD too, I rang them to cancel my order.

After passing me around a bit, I finally got my order canceled, but was advised that as it was so soon to the release date, it might get shipped anyway.. If so, I could send it back for a full refund.

So, I placed an order for 4 more copies plus the extra disk I wanted.

On the Monday (the day of the release) I was surprised to get a package in the post (I wasn't surprised because I had canceled the order, but because they were so efficient)

However, the package looked a bit thin for 4 copies.. Inside was ONE copy, but an invoice for 4.

I rang them to complain and was told some cock and bull story about how this had happend because I canceled the order and ONE copy must have slipped out.. This still didn't explain why I had a packing note for FOUR copies.

Anyway.. I send the one copy back and got a full refund.. Then I waited for my next order.

This time, they wern't quite as efficient, as it took almost 10 days to arrive.. When it did.. There were 2 disks in the envelope.. ONE copy of Pearl Harbor, and ONE copy of the other disk.. But I had a packing note for FOUR copies of PH.

I rang to complain and was told that it must have been a mistake and they would send the remaining copies..

About a week later, I got another package.. ONE copy of PH.. Packing note for THREE!

"Can you people count" was one of many things that I shouted at the management contact that I now had.. He said that he would 'try' to sort it out! "TRYING" wasn't good enough.. I wanted results and I made him commit to get it sorted.

3 days later.. I got another package.... ONE copy of PH.. Packing note for TWO!

Again, I got onto the manager, who was now very sorry and VERY embaraced.. Again he commited to "trying" to sort this out before Christmas...

Yesturday I got my 'final' package... ONE copy of PH.. BUT STILL A PACKING NOTE FOR TWO.

The icing on the cake was that ANOTHER copy arrived today... ONE copy in the package.. Packing note for ONE.. Atleast they got the last one right.. Sort off.

I just can't believe that their store people picked the wrong number of items on 5 seperate occasions.. Once would be bad.. Twice unacceptable.. But FIVE times.!!

I now have invoices for 16 copies of Pearl Harbour.. But have only payed for 4.. I just hope that I don't get billed for the extra 12 copies in the New Year.

I have been assured that this won't happen.. But I was also assured that they would get it right weeks ago, so I have no reason to trust them.

I did get £30 compensation out of them, which wasn't too bad, but can you believe that they got it this wrong?

Did anyone else have any problems like this.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Perhaps Tesco should stick to what they do best - selling tins of baked beans in a supermarket.

3. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Just don't order them over the internet!

4. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Did you use your Clubcard (TM) ?:D

5. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +657
    BadAss,

I wouldn't normally order anything from Tescos over the internet.. But as they were offering PH for £12.99, it was an offer too good to miss!

Won't be doing it again though!

Jon

6. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,179
    Cant believe anyone would pay anthing for Pearl Harbour, pretty poor film IMO.

Si:rolleyes:

7. I J S

I J S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a game for the PS2 during the VAT free spell they had on internet orders.The service was frankly appalling and I wouldn't touch them again.No responses to emails and the game just turned up out of the blue some 4-5 weeks after ordering.
    Avoid this lot like the plague..whatever the deal is!

8. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Come on Pearl Harbours a Classic! No I'm not taking the pi55 I realy did like this film.

9. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +657
    I agree, I saw PH in the cinema and loved it..

I was expecting a load of American Patriotism, but what i saw pleasently surprised me. I actually thought that it made the Americans looks pretty week.

It not like the end of the film was a scene with a subtitle stating something '4 years later' and a big atomic blast.. I thought that the whole film was pretty neutral.

After I got the DVD I watched it again with friends and still enjoyed it as much as the first time.

I just don't understand what people had/have against it... Its amazing, as very few of my colleagues won't even watch it..

What ever people think.. I enjoyed it.. And for £12.99, its one of the best value disks I have in my collection.