Unbeatable shipping 3803

Bonesy

Established Member
Reaction score
Here I am, surfing the net from bed (by the power of wireless LAN)...
I have a week off, not sure what to do with myself...

Knock at the door and guess what...

My denon 3803 has arrived unexpectedly.
£681 from unbeatable. :clap: :clap:

(I know this doesn't really deserve a new thread, but am such a happy camper, thought I'd share:D )

So, if anyone has any set-up questions, I'll have answers in a couple of hours. especially on the video-converting.:smoke: :smoke:

Bonesy:

Can you explain what is this problem described by many 3803 owners about scrolling horizontal green and purple bars that are said to begin at the bottom of the screen and slowly travel up to the top of the screen when video upconversion is occuring?

I am looking at 3803 but I am not very clear about this problem. My T.V. is Philips 29PT9418 (progressive scan model) and I haven't the clear idea when and how this problem would arise in my case. I am planning to buy a Pioneer DV-655A player (progressive scan model).

Thanks in advance.

Perry

Perry - this was a problem which effected a number of customers in the USA when upconverting (normally from S-Video to Component). This issue has now been fixed by Denon and any customers who have such a problem can get theirs fixed by their dealer.

Given that models into the UK were late arrivals (in comparison to the USA and mainland Europe) I'm not sure if any UK ones will ever exhibit this problem. I've certainly not had any such issues with mine.

Hope this helps.

Derek

Okay. a few comments and answers.

Ordered it less than two weeks ago, when someone mentioned on here that Unbeatable were doing it quite cheap.
Unbeatable stated 7-14 days, and sure enough, here it is.
I would guess I was one of the first to place an order.

Currently watching an upconverted picture from Sky, RGB to s-video converted by a lertopacks box (I know, I should have JS'd it) and then s-video into the 3803, Component out to a Panny AE100 projector.

Picture looks fine, flicking between the up-converted component and normal s-video really there is nothing in it. Again, it is not a great picture, but that is probably more to do with the Sky source, and the RGB-svideo conversion than anything the Denon might do to it. Certainly no lines.

First comments - compared to my 2802..

Remote is more shapely than previous 2802. But not very logical. I actually have to read the manual to work out how to use it :(
But the backlight function is great - lighting it up well.

On screen menus - much improved. Can get a lot more info on screen when normal use. Set-up is improved also, with flashing speaker pictures, etc.

Also, speaker volumes can now be set to .5 DB increments.

Now the digital audio and video input assignments can be set to anything you want - previously there was not this flexibility, and certain inputs on the back were restricted to the source/function .

Will continue to play with it ...
oh, and the sound - yep, good, very similar to 2802, perhaps a bit more 'dispersed', but I am very happy so far. :clap: :clap:

Please keep on testing Bonesy and let me know it's really worthwile buying this receiver.

I am doubting between Denon 3803 and Pioneer VSX-D2011-S

Thanks already

KRIS
Belgium
[email protected]

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom