1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unbeatable, or Unbelievable?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by griffo, Aug 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. griffo

griffo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried to order the new Sagem hdl32t from Unbeatable a couple of weeks ago, and am having a pretty hard time pinning them down about when it may be available. I've read a few posts on this forum that suggest that they aren't the most reliable, and wondered if anyone had any opinions on their reliability.
    They initially told me they could get it direct from Sagem in a couple of days, which soon became 7-10 days, then 7-14 days, and now it has become "some time next week...". Are they notorious for this sort of stuff, or am I just a bit unlucky with this model?
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

2. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38

I had the exact same trouble when buying a Denon DVD system, and cancelled after waiting for weeks. Someone else had similar troubles when ordering their Hitachi 32ld7200.

Of all the reports I've heard about them, the vast majority have been bad.

3. griffo

griffo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just got off the phone with sagem - they say that there is a problem with the tv in that it won't record from freeview unless the set is switched on (won't work on standby). They have recalled the tv to fix this, and it won't ship to the uk for at least another week. If I can find this out, surely unbeatable could bother to get this info before taking orders and talking out of their backsides about availability?
    I've cancelled the order, and am now looking for an alternative - can't seem to find a hitachi 32ld7200 anywhere in the country, unfortunately. Any suggestions for a tv that is decent, readily available and around the 1100-1200 mark? I don't have a telly at all, so am in a bit of a hurry to get this sorted....

4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,316
    I have tried Unbeatable for the Hitachi 32LD7200, they are by far the cheapest but was told over the phone that delivery is due mid to late September!! Which is odd considering most places are definitely getting stocks this week or next.

5. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
  6. griffo

griffo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have bought a panasonic from debenhams (TX-32LXD500) with 3yr warranty and free dvd player. will have to wait for 2 weeks for it but it was a great deal so I'll borrow a crap tv from someone to tide me over.

7. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,316
    You're not wrong :eek: Think I can wait a little bit longer, not paying £1400 for it.