1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unbeatable.co.uk

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by simg, Jun 1, 2005.

1. simg

simg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has bought a plasma from these guys, or is there offer simply too good 2 be true. I want them to price match Totaldigitalbiz for the pv500 and then they will give me 10% of the diff off aswell. The 2yr interest free credit is whats interesting me most as it means I wont have to spunk all my cash at once as ive just moved house(YES, as usual new house=shiny plasma!) Any help would be great and thanx in advance :thumbsup:

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I've bought a couple of digital cameras in the past from them and had very good service. If you want a good comparison of all the deals, try PriceRunner

3. voxmagna

voxmagna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I looked at them mainly because I could collect and save on shipping. At the time though, their Pio's were more expensive than others. I finally decided to only look at traders with works dealer status offering 2 year+ factory warranties

I tracked prices for a few weeks by opening a desktop folder and moving links from about a dozen suppliers into it. Rename the saved links starting with the price each visit then sort. Online prices and deals can change by the day even hour, some of the best prices were not in the 3rd party search listings either. Holidays & manufacturers can produce price drops. Also clean out your cookies before re-visiting 'cos some sites can modify prices live by monitoring previous interest from your saved tracked cookies. Internet shopping is an interesting experience!

4. braveknight

braveknight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I tried to buy a stand from them last year, and a few days after placing the order, they decided that the price quoted was too low, and cancelled the order. Except that their excuse for cancelling was that the stand had been discontinued - when clearly it hadn't (new model), and they still had it on their website (at a higher price).

When questioned about this, they offered an alternate stand - which I stated would not be acceptable (too small) - then they miraculously 'found' the stand that I had originally ordered, and that it would be sent out that day. But when the stand turned up the next day, it wasn't the one I ordered - it was the one that they offered that I had specifically stated would not be acceptable.

To their credit, they did organise a refund promptly, and arranged / paid for collection, etc. but it was a whole load of inconvenience. So, they aren't exactly the worst company to deal with, but they may give you the run around - your money, your choice.