Unattended scheduled recordings do not work

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by john.m.mason, Apr 30, 2007.

1. john.m.mason

john.m.mason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had Media Centre 2005 (UK) with the MST standby tool now for about 9 months and generally love it and all works fine when we are there. ie have scheduled recordings, and put into standby mode overnight ready for next day. Can wake it up with remote control. All AOK.

But if we go out for the day and have some scheduled recordings for the evening they never seem to record. Usually have an error message to say that the recording did not take place due to a power loss.

When we last went on holiday it did the first day's recording, then nothing for the rest of the 10 days we were away.

I've have done a test for 3 days whilst at home, having our usual scheduled recordings and not using Media Centre whatsoever, just leaving it to it. All worked fine, all recordings made and was able to wake it up on the 4th day with the remote.

Has anybody any ideas as my better half is ready to out it in favour of the old VCR as it seems unreliable when unattended.

2. hveijk

hveijk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    What version of MST are you using?

Try increasing the “Standby delay”, a too low delay might cause missed recordings.

Herman