Unannounced DTS soundtrack!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Dec 6, 2000.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi All,

This was a shock for me, but last night I rented "Chicken Run" on Region 2 DVD. Scanning through the various menus, I noticed that the DVD gives you a choice of Dolby 5.1 or DTS soundtracks, yet when I looked at the case, nothing is listed anywhere on it about this movie being in DTS.

A pleasant surprise, but why did Pathe (the distributors) not announce this?! I would've thought that Region 2 companies would have been fighting over one another to be the next DTS disc after "Gladiator". Once again, another Region 2 cock-up!!! When will these companies release just one DVD, on time, in a proper Amaray case, with a proper booklet, and complete with loads of extras, at a decent price, and not bugger-up the case cover with lots of inaccuracies?! I know that this was probably an oversight, but these are oversights that are actually bloody important to the average DVD owner, if they don't have the full DTS setup!

Pooch

2. plasterman

plasterman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree DTS is important enough to list on the case. My bug bear is that the region 2 project had a press release from the film company stating that Chicken Run would both 5.1 and DTS. But on release the case only shows a 5.1 tag. This makes it an even bigger gaff than you first thought pooch. So just why is this sloppy work or a lack of understanding of the region 2 format. I wpould go with the latter.

plasterman

[This message has been edited by plasterman (edited 06-12-2000).]

3. ROGER B

ROGER B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you look closely at the back of the case there is a dts logo, but not in the information boxes where you would expect to find it. its to the right in colour not black and white.

------------------
    There is no spoon!

4. Matt @ DVD Debate

Matt @ DVD Debate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whilst it's true that the packaging doesn't really stand out, there is a DTS logo on there somewhere.

As to announcing it, the press release from back in October ( http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php?sid=1329 ) pretty much covers it. [​IMG]

5. Hezzer

Hezzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The thing is over half of the region poo..er sorry 2 packaging has errors or omissions. Gladiator itself didn't mention the directors commentary, which in my book is a pretty important extra!

Why can't the cowboys at the studio's get their act together?

Ooooh it makes me mad..... [​IMG]