1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to write DVD with Adobe Premiere

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Papsico, May 2, 2005.

1. Papsico

Papsico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    When I try to write a dvd with my Adobe Premiere (or even with Nero), after some time the writing fails. It gives this error.
    Could it be because I don't have a fast HDD? If so, I'm gonna buy one, but won't my Premiere give errors when moving my avi's to another HDD?

Greetings,
    Papsico

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you burning straight from the timeline (i.e. burn to disc) or are you creating an image first?

What speed is your HDD? 7200rpm is the standard for video transfer, however once you have rendered your file as an MPEG2 (by creating the image in Premiere or Nero) the transfer rates are not as critical.

I think the problem is going to be more with your burner, are you using the correct media?, how much footage are you trying to fit on a disc? maybe drop the bitrate (to a slightly lower quality)

3. Papsico

Papsico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Euhm, I just do it this way (in Premiere): File>Export>Export to DVD and than burn the whole sequence. The Sequence is about 100mb (it to test how the footage looks on a television you see), so it's not that big. My HDD on the other hand is a pretty old one, a 5400rpm HDD. How can I create an image? I've already exported the movie, and than tried to burn it with Nero, but that gave an error too (and the error says something about my HDD: communication error). And my DVD burner is about 3 days old, so I don't think it's the burner. Maybe you can explain to me how I can create an image.

4. Oakey

Oakey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The Export to DVD function is a farce, what you need to do is export to Adobe Media Eoncoder, select the DVD preset from the options and encode. Then you'll need an authoring program such as Adobe Encore or Maestro, create your menu's, first play, menu buttons, etc, etc and create the IMG / compile your VIDEO_TS folder and burn to DVD.

It's long winded but it should work every time once you've learnt how to use the authoring apps.

5. Papsico

Papsico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the help!
    But I fixed the problem myself. I had a bad DVD writer, so I brought it back, and bought me a Pioneer dvd writer. This one works perfect.