Unable to watch live TV - Still...

T

Tezdread

hey all,

I thought I would have it all sorted when I got my remote today but after spending the last 4 hours trying and still not getting a picture through live TV I don't know what else to do :suicide:

I spent about 45 mins just trying to get the MCE remote to learn the chanel changing but gave up on that for now.

Apart from that, as far as I can tell everything's setup correct however, when I click on My TV, Live TV I get sound but no picture?

The first time, the screen was flickering pretty bad so I rebooted, now it's just black? Sound is fine but no image at all :lease: help

I've checked all the cables and I have a scart going from the digibox to the RGB converter then svideo going from that into my PVR150...I'm lost and don't know what it could be?

Werner said:
what mpeg2 decoder have you installed?

I think this is right?

GeForce FX 5200 128 mb (800x600 60hz)

Installed NVIDIA Video Encoder (nvviddec.ax) and run DecCheck and it shows this is the preferred decoder

is this what you mean?

So thats the nvidia pure video decoder? Do you know what version, also what nvidia drivers are you using, and have you installed MCE copmpatible drivers for the tv card?

Last edited by a moderator:
ah you may have it...I only installed the driver for the PVR150 from the OEM CD I got with the card, so will look there first

as for the drivers for the FX5200, where do I get the driver info?

thanks lisa, I've dl'd all the latest hauppage drivers and I think I've got the latest Nvidia but dl'ing them again

still no go? Would it have anything to do with not being able to configure the remote to change channels? Coz I've tried everything but can't get the MCE remote to change the digibox channels...I've gone throught the learning screens etc :(

are you sure your digibox can translate the infra red signals from the MCE 'magic eye thingy' that you stick to your digibox window?
from the PC.

If not you might need something like the redeye translator.

Mind you, you should have seen a picture before you set up the channel changing. Its probably a driver issue or a signal issue.

best decoder i have found is the power dvd one

If you hae updated all the drivers and still no picture, maybe I would look at the connection between your digibox and the tv card.... can you try a straight s-video or composite connection?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try using port number 2 on your IR reciver instead I have to do this for some reason maybe my port 1 is faulty.
I would use RF or omposite 1st to get a picture and sound then sort out SVIDEO later as it should auto detect your composite feed.

evolution400 said:
Try using port number 2 on your IR reciver instead I have to do this for some reason maybe my port 1 is faulty.
I would use RF or omposite 1st to get a picture and sound then sort out SVIDEO later as it should auto detect your composite feed.

Thinking about it, it may be in port 2 already. I do remember trying both though...

not sure if I've made progress or not but have a picture although it's black & white.

I found an old cable - SCART to RSA L&R + SVideo when this is plugged in from the digibox to the PVR150 I get a resonably good picture but like I said it's B&W?

So I guess this means the drivers are ok?

didn't expect this...

Disk Full

TV cannot play because the hard disk drive is full. Delete files on this disk or use another disk drive. You can chenge the drive used for your TV from TV Settings.

I didn't know that it would have been writing files when watching Live TV....can this be stopped? automatically deleted?

It was the converter that was first connected and I couldn't get a picture so tried it with the lead only. I bought a RGB converter box so the scart plugs from my digibox to that then an svideo from that to the PVR150....

Tezdread said:
It was the converter that was first connected and I couldn't get a picture so tried it with the lead only. I bought a RGB converter box so the scart plugs from my digibox to that then an svideo from that to the PVR150....
You have to remember to set the digibox to output RGB in one of the setup menus otherwise you get no picture. This flummoxed me for a bit.

nigelbb said:
You have to remember to set the digibox to output RGB in one of the setup menus otherwise you get no picture. This flummoxed me for a bit.

You're tha man!! nice one :clap: sorted... :rotfl:

the settings on the digibox were on PAL and as soon as I changed it to RGB I noticed the difference and that was direct to the TV

just got to work out why the MCE remote don't work to change channels...not a major issue though ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom