Unable to sync controller to PS4 after bluetooth to my phone

tom4134851

Novice Member
I have recently been playing around with Playstation Remote Play with my Playstation 4 and had success playing on my desktop PC. Today I discovered I could also get a Remote Play app for Android and installed on my phone. This seemed to work great too and I successfully mirrored my PS4 screen onto my phone. Next I connected my DualShock 4 controller to my phone via Bluetooth, it connected successfully but would not work as my phone uses Android version 9.
Now I am unable to get my controller to sync with my PlayStation. I have the controller connected via USB but it will not connect. I have followed the official Sony guidance but I just got a solid white light on my controller and it will not turn on the Playstation or get past the screen where it says to "Press the PS button to use the controller".
I have tried resetting the controller and fully powering off the PlayStation and removing the power cord as directed. I have also unpaired the controller from my phone so this should not be an issue.
Does anyone know of anything else I can try?

Countjedi

It maybe worth trying to flattening the battery on the controller and see if when its reconnected to the PS4 it works. (Just an idea)

Countjedi

Fingers crossed, I can not think of anything else TBH

tom4134851

Novice Member
Couldn't be bothered to wait so opened it up and disconnected battery. Still no luck :(
In desperation I have searched round my house for every single microUSB cable I could find (considering I have already tried 5 I wasn't convinced this would help). The 9th cable I tried worked!

Things I have learnt today: 1. Not all cables are created equal. 2: do not open a PS4 controller, they're pains in the ****!

Countjedi

Pleased you found the solution, happy days!

PS your last post did make me smile, thank you.