• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Unable to reorder apps on Home Screen of Samsung 2020 Tv

JamieBee

Established Member
I have a Samsung 55TU8500. My problem is I cannot move apps left and right on my Home Screen. If I go to Apps then Settings and then add apps to the Home Screen and move them left and right on this screen, they do not move on the Home Screen. Has the order of the apps on the Settings screen have any correlation to their order on the Home Screen as I can’t seem to move them about on my Home Screen. I want my most used apps on the far left but can’t seem to do it. Also, there are so many ‘bloatware’ apps that I do not want. Can these be deleted ? Thanks

pixlrik

Prominent Member
Bloatware can't be deleted sadly.

Some content on the home screen is auto arranged based on what you have used most recently and most often (I know the channel suggestions it brings up are based on that). It may be that you can't change them on the main home screen but if you go into your main apps they are in the order you want. Annoying I know, but it seems the software for modern TV's is not designed for much customisation, we have to take what we get and just lump it!

Sibley

Standard Member
I know this thread is a bit old but I had same problem and found the answer. Long press the select button whilst your app is highlighted and you have the option to move/delete.

Delete doesn't remove it from the TV but does hide the shortcut which is good enough for me.

TBW

Standard Member
I know this thread is a bit old but I had same problem and found the answer. Long press the select button whilst your app is highlighted and you have the option to move/delete.

Delete doesn't remove it from the TV but does hide the shortcut which is good enough for me.
Thanks for this, did not want to have TikTok on my screen!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom